Home wiring a mess, help!

Sponsored Links
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me if I can squeeze two through a single 20mm grommit! :D
Always willing to oblige -

upload_2017-7-25_18-50-39.png

Sponsored Links
Always willing to oblige ....
Is that a 20mm diameter circle? If so, I think you've made the situation a fair bit 'better' than it actually is, since I think that the internal diameter (i.e. 'the hole') in a 20mm grommet is appreciably less than 20mm.

Kind Regards, John

Probably the extra GBPs, also has a baring on the DIYers section.
I suppose that depends upon what we are comparing with what. With some circuit topologies, one would need a fair bit less 4mm² for a 32A radial than the amount one would need for a 2.5mm² 32A ring, hence mitigating the cost difference to some extent.

Also, if one is DIYing, rather than paying someone to do the work, one tends to be less concerned amount materials cost.

Kind Regards, John

Is that a 20mm diameter circle? If so, I think you've made the situation a fair bit 'better' than it actually is, since I think that the internal diameter (i.e. 'the hole') in a 20mm grommet is appreciably less than 20mm.
Yes and yes.

There is a fair space between and the cable is more rounded than I can draw it.

Not sure the diagram, but either way I think we can safely say I was right when I said rings are like Marmite...:LOL:always like a good debate though, nice to know we only have the details left to argue about(y)

And based on the comments in this thread I've bought some 4mm so I try terminating it etc. I must admit, I was very much in the "it sounds as though it'll be less flexible" camp, so I'm very interested.

On the sockets I've added previously, I much prefer to use 2 grommets, even with 2.5mm. It seems to make things much easier to work with compared to the existing sockets in the house, which typically have both legs of the ring in one grommet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back