Honda HRG SKEH clutch cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I’m having a problem refitting the clutch/drive cable back on my Honda IZY HRG mower. This is after I stripped it down to get rid of rust and paint the underside of the deck. I was hoping someone can give me instructions or a diagram of where and how the cable and springs are connected under the deck.

Sponsored Links
The transmission end of the cable has a spring with a hooked end, and a nipple that slides inside this spring.
The cable outer slots into a groove on the transmission itself, and the hooked end goes onto the lever on the top of the transmission that pulls it into drive when you pull the handle on the handlebar.
The transmission also has a long tension spring to stop the thing flopping around - again this hooks onto the transmission itself and that works against the pulling force by the drive belt.
Best to have the machine upside down if you can, which means draining the oil and fuel out before doing this.
John :)

Hi John.
I couldn’t make sense of your message at first but now sorted it out and I am going to rebuild my mower hopefully tomorrow. Many many thanks.
Peter

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back