Honeywell API output 'lagging'... since the clocks went back?

MJN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else here use Honeywell's API to access their thermostat? I am seeing what appears to be a bug in their system leading to results which are an hour behind... And I can't help but feel it is related to the clocks having gone back an hour on 31st Oct but the US not due to move until 7th Nov (at which point it wouldn't surprise me if it rights itself).

I can elaborate further but if there aren't others who can corroborate (or not) what I'm seeing there might be little point!

Sponsored Links
I have a feeling it'll resolve itself on Sunday evening when the US put their clocks back so I might've missed the boat with them being able to confirm the issue. Worth a try though - thanks.

I've emailed Resideo but fault-finding might be limited now as the issue has resolved itself - as half expected the US having turned their clocks back (at 2am this morning, not the evening/night as I assumed) and everything is now back in sync.

Sponsored Links
I spoke too soon with the issue resolving itself following the US putting its clocks back - it only lasted a day!

I decided to get in touch with Honeywell via Twitter (and felt like my Dad doing so - I didn't really know what I was doing but my email didn't get a reply so thought it worth a shot!) and they replied and we went through some troubleshooting, culminating in removing the device from Honeywell Home and re-adding it (and getting new keys etc for API access). This was nearly a week ago now and it's been fine ever since. They're not sure exactly what the issue was but think it might've been related to some backend server changes they made a couple of weeks ago.

Honeywell products are rated poorly by the trade...quality and backup nosedived many years ago but they carry on more down to naive specifiers (the same way as MK electrical products survived despite being terrible quality).

• Thanks
Reactions: MJN
Ah okay, that's good to know. I was always a big fan of the CM927 I had for 10+ years and so replaced it with a T6 as I wanted geofencing and, I must confess, just fancied buying a new gadget! As it happens the geofencing turned out to be not particularly brilliant - the choice of geofencing and varying scheduled temperature set points were mutually exlusive for some bizarre reason. Two great features that can happilly cooexist and yet it forces you to use one or the other, not both.

Furthermore, the geofencing worked most of the time but sometimes simply didn't switch. The minimum radius was 500m too so if my wife spent the day at one of her local friend's houses with the kids it'd still assume she was 'home'. I ended up rolling my own geofencing detection solution and using the Honeywell API access to change the temperature when we're all out.

Good to know they're perhaps not what they used to be and maybe next time I fancy an 'upgrade' just for the sake of it I'll cast my net a bit wider!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back