Honeywell CM921

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe someone can help me out here.
There are 1-6 programs, i understand these as "on" and "off" times.
1-2, 3-4, 5-6

I have set 1 to come on at 7:00 and be 20c. 2 is set at 8 and again at 20c.
3-4 are disabled
5 comes on at 18:00 and is 21c. 6 is 00 (12am) and 21c.

The Number 2 (no matter how i seem to configure it) seems to never be "lit" and appears as if it is disabled like 3-4. why is it not "lit"?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
There are no on-off periods on this programmer, just 6 temperature settings throughout the day. If you want an 'off' period you have to set a low temperature (eg 12 degrees overnight).

It sounds like '2' is disabled. To enable it, go into PROG mode and move to setting '2' then press and hold the 'i' button for 2 seconds.

Thanks. So as I'm at work for example from 8am I set option 2 to a low temp so boiler is off.

Also. 2 is defiantly not disabled. 3 and 4 which I did disable. Say so. 2 doesn't and just reports normal settings

Thanks. So as I'm at work for example from 8am I set option 2 to a low temp so boiler is off.

Also. 2 is defiantly not disabled. 3 and 4 which I did disable. Say so. 2 doesn't and just reports normal settings
I'm not sure what you mean when you say 2 is never 'lit'.

2 isn't the 'off' counterpart of 1 it's just the next programme step so your idea of using 2 to set a lower temperature from 8am while you're out is correct.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, so it looks like it is disabled. The number is not "lit" like the other enabled temp settings.
Ill try get a picture

ah - I see. I've just tried setting mine to the same settings and it doesn't do that (the 2 stays visible).

Have you tried setting the temperature on 2 to what you want (low)? I suppose if it works it doesn't matter that the 2 doesn't come on. Otherwise all I can think of is to reset it to factory defaults and try again.

Tried setting it low. No luck. When you move to the next number. It does off. Like its not enabled. Annoying!!

I couldn't find how to reset as such. Just select program defauls which I guess is same thing. Made no diff

I have set 1 to come on at 7:00 and be 20c. 2 is set at 8 and again at 20c.
3-4 are disabled

The Number 2 (no matter how i seem to configure it) seems to never be "lit" and appears as if it is disabled like 3-4. why is it not "lit"?
Possibly because it is set to the same temperature as 1 (20C)

Do you really want the house to be at 21C all night (no 6)?

Typical settings would be:

1 - 07:00 - 20C
2 - 08:00 - 10C (boiler will go off unless temperature drops below 10C)
3 - disabled
4 - disabled
5 - 18:00 - 21C
6 - 23:30 - 10C ( boiler will go off overnight unless temperature drops below 10C)

D_Hailsham
I tried setting 2 down to 16.. no luck

As i would be in most evenings having a constant temp of (say 21) from 18-00:00 seemed normal?

D_Hailsham
I tried setting 2 down to 16.. no luck
It was just a thought.

As i would be in most evenings having a constant temp of (say 21) from 18-00:00 seemed normal?
Yes, but you said, in your first post:

Which means the temperature would be 21c from 18:00 until 07:00 when it changes to 20C.

If you want the boiler to go off a midnight the temperature for no 6 must be low, e.g 10C, not 21C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back