Honeywell Flex 50 ethernet module A083 not recognised

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble with my Flex 50 panel recognising the ethernet module. It was working, but I was making some changes to the setup and removed it temporarily.
Now when I connect it and go to autodetect option 72 it does not recognise if I connect or disconnect it and I cannot get it to work. I have tried resetting and cold starting the panel but this made no difference either. Thanks for any suggestions. I considered buying a new module but I am worried that I will have same problem. It is the A083-00-10 version and a DIY install.

Sponsored Links
What is the module bus LED doing and what firmware version or date code is on the module?

Hi Galaxy Guy. The bus light stays steady on and then goes of for 2-3 seconds every minute. I don’t know the date or firmware just now but I’ll post it when I get home later. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That sounds like it's faulty. See the video of good and bad V4.10/V4.11 (this is E080-10, but the firmware boot process is the same) below. Can you return it to the supplier?

You really want V4.14 for Flex, as it has a new bootloader that boots within a few seconds and the firmware/hardware is finally stable.

PM me if you're stuck, as I have V4.14 and can offer some sort of trade-up. Sometimes I can get Honeywell to take an RMA on the faulty part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back