Honeywell Galaxy G2-12 wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've recently purchased a galaxy G2-12. Having read the forums i've wired the PIR's as double balanced and used normal two wire door contacts. Two problems I have:
1. When I power the alarm i get an alert notification
2. When in test mode the (Internal) bell doesn't come on

I've removed all sensors and used the metal bridging clips for all zones.
So no sensors connected.

I still get an alert notification. Can anyone help please?

Nay

Sponsored Links
Put 1k ohm resistors across the zones (not "bridging clips") and try again. Use 21 Display Zones to check if it's open, closed or in tamper (it should be closed). Press the # buton to display the resistance.

What was the alert message? Unless you've programmed it differently, you'll need two resistors in the contacts too.

Hi,

Its an alert notification in the unset state.
I have two resistors in the PIR detectors across the tamper and relay.

Nah

Hi EightyTwo,

I just checked the zones and did as you mentioned.
The Zones now read :-
1001 Closed 1KOhms Not Used
1002 Tamper 31Ohms PIR
1003 Tamper 31Ohms PIR
1004 Tamper 2Ohms Contact
1011 Tamper 5Ohms Contact
1012 Tamper 0/c Contact
1013 Tamper 28Ohms PIR
1014 Tamper 31Ohms PIR
1015 Closed 1KOhms Not Used
1016 Closed 1KOhms Not Used
1017 Closed 1KOhms Not Used
1018 Closed 1KOhms Not Used

It seems all my sensors are in Tamper and i'm not sure why.

Please can you help.

Nay

Sponsored Links
You have the zones wired incorrectly. One resistor should be in series with the zone (between tamper and NC) and the other resistor should be across the contact NC and C. This would then give 1k in normal conditions and 2k zone contact open.

That wire link you have between tamper and relay shouldn't be there. Put it in the bin.

Then move the resistor that you have in the two tamper terminals so that it is in the right hand tamper terminal and the left hand relay terminal. Leave everything else in the PIR unchanged - including the positions of the blue and green wires. There should be a resistor across the relay terminals, but not across the tamper terminals. The second resistor should be in the two terminals with 'ER' and 'RE' above them.

You will probably need to do something similar with the contacts - please post a photo of the wiring there.

This should all be drawn out in the manual.

Hi All,

Thank you for all your reply posts. I think i'm getting there.
All the PIRS seem to be working correctly with only the contacts now being in tamper.

Can you please help me resolve the issue?
The details for each sensor is below.

Address State Resistance Description
1001 Closed 1K Not Used
1002 Closed 1K PIR
1003 Closed 1K PIR
1004 Tamper 5Ω Contact
1011 Tamper 5Ω Contact
1012 Tamper 0Ω Contact
1013 Closed 1K PIR
1014 Closed 1K PIR
1015 Closed 1K Not Used
1016 Closed 1K Not Used
1017 Closed 1K Not Used
1018 Closed 1K Not Used

The control panel is wired as per the below picture:
//media.diynot.com/229000_228575_93431_70329337_thumb.jpg

Nay

With the G2 panel, you cannot mix and match between NC and Double Balanced on a zone by zone basis.

You need to either switch all zones to normally closed or add resistors to all zone sensors and have all as double balanced.

Remove all of the existing connections.

Put the red wire onto one of the silver terminals. Put one leg of the first resistor onto this silver terminal as well.

Put the second leg of that first resistor onto the other silver screw. Put one leg of the second resistor onto this silver screw as well.

Put the other leg of the second resistor, and the yellow wire onto one of the gold coloured terminals.

Job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back