Honeywell Galaxy G2-12 wiring

How do i set up the system?
I don't want 22 Users, just one and the master code.

In addition, I have set zone 1001 as Final - As this is the Exit/Entry point. Is that correct?

Set as many or as few users as you wish, just don't assign a PIN code to the unused ones. There are different levels of users, so if you only have one (high level) user code then bear in mind anyone using that code could mess about with some settings.

With your front door set to FINAL the alarm will set when you open then close the door. If you have a PIR covering the front door it needs set to EXIT, which means it's inactive while you walk out the hall and close the door, and also inactive after you open the door until you get to the keypad.

Sponsored Links
I only want me as a high level user, and one user code.
What i want to remove is the default user code of 1234.

Do i just clear pin's for ones i previously set to remove them?

Also on the entry/exit door i have a contact sensor no PIR's covering it. ideally what i want is the alarm to set when the door is closed. Then when the door is opened there is an amount of time to enter the disarm code before the alarm sounds.

Would i need to set this as Entry/Exit or As you said Final?

Lastly what does a Master Code reset do?

Apologies for the questions but there's so little documentation for this alarm system.

Thanks in advance

I only want me as a high level user, and one user code.
What i want to remove is the default user code of 1234.

Do i just clear pin's for ones i previously set to remove them?

Also on the entry/exit door i have a contact sensor no PIR's covering it. ideally what i want is the alarm to set when the door is closed. Then when the door is opened there is an amount of time to enter the disarm code before the alarm sounds.

Would i need to set this as Entry/Exit or As you said Final?

Lastly what does a Master Code reset do?

Apologies for the questions but there's so little documentation for this alarm system.

Low level users can change their own user codes etc, and high level users can change most settings, and can also change other user codes. Users can't change engineers codes tho, and engineers can't change user codes (IIRC that's maybe dependant on settings?). It sounds like you require one master user code and one engineers code. Bear in mind with that setup (for example) your next door neighbour could accidentily change a setting when letting your cat in. You might be better assigning the neighbour their own pin code (which is easy for them to remember) as a low level user.

I'm pretty sure you clear pins to remove them. Try one and see. Or edit the default 1234 to your chosen pin number.

You want the front door as FINAL.

Can't help you with master code reset.

Here's a link to the manual, everything's in it if you can get your head round it...
http://www.beacon-ni.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Honeywell-Galaxy-Series-2-User-Manual.pdf

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back