Hope for the Sub ?

yet at these depths there is still life down there !!!!

Staggering tbh imo ??

Not sure how deep a sperm whale dives ?? In order to hunt giant squid
1000 metres plus ???

Afaik there was a seal that was recorded diving way beyond a 1000 metres ????

Sponsored Links
It all sounds stupidly sketchy. There are currents which reverse down there. It took one trip 90 minutes to find the Titanic from pretty close by, someone else said they got caught under the Titanic prop and couldn't get out for a while, it doesn't seem to have much power. If it can't drop weights because they're fouled, then what?
I'd have expected the company would have had some sort of unmanned ROV they could send down to it. Apparently previous trips have lost comms too - ouch. Radio comms is not that hard.

I haven't seen much about the abilities of the French boat heading that way or when it'll get there.

Sponsored Links
It all sounds stupidly sketchy. There are currents which reverse down there. It took one trip 90 minutes to find the Titanic from pretty close by, someone else said they got caught under the Titanic prop and couldn't get out for a while, it doesn't seem to have much power. If it can't drop weights because they're fouled, then what?
I'd have expected the company would have had some sort of unmanned ROV they could send down to it. Apparently previous trips have lost comms too - ouch. Radio comms is not that hard.

I haven't seen much about the abilities of the French boat heading that way or when it'll get there.
Of course Radio comms don't work underwater, the Titan uses/used(!) Sonar in a rudimentary way to send packets of information, to exchange data coordinates and short text messages.

The more you read about this story, the more incredible it gets

They fired their operations manager a few years back for refusing to authorise manned tests of this thing due to concerns over it being up to the task.

As someone with some professional expertise in the design and manufacture of carbon fibre filament-would pressure vessels, including one of the companies mentioned as being involved, some of the info coming to light here and elsewhere is quite eyebrow raising.

Of course Radio comms don't work underwater, the Titan uses/used(!) Sonar in a rudimentary way to send packets of information, to exchange data coordinates and short text messages.

More like "T!t, in"(side a death trap)..........

The very dangerous things we do are often the very safest things we do with all the controls in place.

If they are stuck down there immobile I understand there is little to no prospect of recovering them alive, so maybe it's a good thing that they lost comms . . . . .

You bought it on prime you must be minted. I find it puzzling to 'buy' any digital format in a proprietary manner and consider it mine.
lol

Its £6 and more to the point - don't you have subs to channels? Netflix Disney Prime Sky ?

I even have Paramount Plus - I got it on a cheap offer so I could watch Yellowstone - without doubt my favourite show.

lol

Its £6 and more to the point - don't you have subs to channels? Netflix Disney Prime Sky ?

I even have Paramount Plus - I got it on a cheap offer so I could watch Yellowstone - without doubt my favourite show.
Well actually mostly where i go now i use IPTV so pay hmm about £6 month for just about every channel in the world. Really Sky can' fk off wanting to charge me over a £100/month for being a 10+ year loyal customer, and 99% of it is sh'te.

Netflix don't get me started, it reminds me of the seedy video shop my step uncle would take me to as a child full of Bmovies noone has ever heard of.

Yes i do have prime for my impatience for deliveries, but no way am i paying a penny to 'have my own copy' which will expire and be unwatchable when the platform changes.

I had this cunning plan once to do Hull/rudder/prop etc inspections on the cheap using a go pro on a drainpipe cleaner pole. Except the wifi on go pro dies as soon as its 6" under the water. Hence we use divers.

Sponsored Links
Back