Horstmann E7BX hot water controller

I don't know that meter, but it looks to me like it has two LEDs.

No. 1 will flash on one tariff, No.2 will flash on the other tariff. So you can tell when it switches from one tariff to another.

The three readings on the meter might be tariff 1 usage, tariff 2 usage, combined usage. Try noting them on a bit of paper for a few days and seeing how much they change by.

Sponsored Links
The indicator neon come son 22.30 to 08.00 so these are not the off-peal times as told by my supplier.

I checked my meter readings last night. At 22.30 they were Rate 1: 56, Rate 2: 9, Rate 3: 420. This morning they are Rate 1: 57, Rate 2: 10 and Rate 3: 447.

I am very willing to proceed on the assumption thst your teleswitch is operating on its default timer rather than the radio signals.

To some extent this is good for you because you are getting more cheap energy.

However if all your storage heaters are running full blast then you are wasting heat, especially if you are out during the day when the house is warmest.

Show us pics of the switches and controls on and around the storage heaters.

Not at home. I've found a picture of a similar on the internet (apologies to the copyright holder for posting it here without permission). Min are in better condition than the one in the picture. There are two dials. One input and one output. At the moment I have the input on level 3 so they are not on full. Output on 1 in the day and overnight and I turn the output to about 3 (or 6 if its cold) in the evening.

Sponsored Links
Electricity supplier came this morning (turned up 75 minutes late). They said everything is wired correctly and they said (as JohnD did above) that I am probably getting more cheap electricity than I should be.

Yes.

I am still trying to find out what the times should be to ensure I put on dishwasher and washing machine on at the correct time overnight.

sit by the meter overnight and you should be able to see when it switches rate.

to save money, start turning off those storage heaters.

Yes.

I am still trying to find out what the times should be to ensure I put on dishwasher and washing machine on at the correct time overnight.

I'm still not sure of your setup but I think that it will not matter when you run the dishwasher and washing machine. The only things that will get cheaper electricity will be those that are connected to the off peak fuseboard (ie immersion and storage rads).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back