Hosepipe bans

That's why it's called a hosepipe BAN.

(How do these people survive in the world? :rolleyes: )

Joe, what I understand by the word "hosepipe ban" is the use of hosepipes connected to the "Mains" water supply, not those connected to a series of barrels at the back o my greenhouse. Think aboot it, there's a rather big difference.

Sponsored Links
Is it not possible to get our water from the ocean by taking the salt out of seawater?

Desalination is done all over the world.

Sponsored Links
Is it not possible to get our water from the ocean by taking the salt out of seawater?

Yes, its pretty common in the middle east, desalination plants remove the salt using distillation or condensing.

It's expensive.

This would have been cheaper

reservoir509465ct.jpg

Yes, its pretty common in the middle east, desalination plants remove the salt using distillation or condensing.

Usually reverse osmosis.

I know quite a bit about Osmosis, I was in Kenya, when I wanted to go for Technical subjects, for my next years classes, but all 120 students had to go through a selection process, and only 30 would be taken for technical studies, so during qualifying exams, my selection would depend on what subjects I was good at, so I knew I must do poorly in biology and History and Geography, and must do good in Maths, English and Physics, along with Metal Work and Technical Drawing.

So in my Biology question we were asked if you take two hen eggs, and put both in vinegar until the shell is dissolved and then place one egg in a solution of salt water and the other in a solution of sugared water, what would you expect will happen to both eggs?

I answered that the one in salt water would bear a dead chick and the one in sugared water would bear a live chick!

The head master called me into his office, walloped me so hard that I would never forget! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back