Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our boiler pressure is dropping to 0 even after having the blender valve replaced, paid £80. Maybe 2weeks ago. This was when our pressure was at 0 and only cold water was coming out. Now my water is going hot and cold every 15/20 seconds from the bath tap. Any ideas only moved in a month ago

Sponsored Links
Boiler pressure dropping to zero is due to loss of water from the sealed system,and can be from a leak or a problem within the boiler, (expansion vessel or heat exchanger issues).
What boiler do you have ,and what is its status when bath hot tap is running ? Do other hot taps suffer from the same problem ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
We have a baxi duo tech combi 28 - all taps are going hot and cold and pressure is still on0

Your issue hasn’t been resolved then. Not heard of a blender valve on a combi boiler, perhaps the diverter?

Sponsored Links
If you top up pressure to 1 bar ,how long does it take pressure to drop to zero ?
The hot/ cold from taps can be due to a number of issues. You need an engineer to visit.

Sorry it was the diaphragm on the diverter he believed it to be originally however when he looked it wasn’t this it was a different part he said was causing the issue.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
If you top up pressure to 1 bar ,how long does it take pressure to drop to zero ?
The hot/ cold from taps can be due to a number of issues. You need an engineer to visit.
We can’t get it to go up even using the taps under the boiler itself like my grandad showed me last time.

Did the person who worked on the boiler not successfully top up the pressure ??
Show us a pic of the pipework and valves under the boiler ,particularly what you are using to try to top up boiler pressure.

Once the pressure has been fixed, if the issue persists, it might be worth having the Hall effect sensor checked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back