Hot and Cold Feed washing machines (Where Have They Gone)!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone know of any new washing machines that have hot and cold feeds, I seem to find that the hot feed has been done away with, why would this be?

Our hot water and heating to our property is charged at a set rate (all gas used), it is not in our interest ton use electric to heat up the water in a washing machine!

PLEASE HELP!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It's an energy efficiency measure, by always using a cold feed manufacturers can accurately define the energy consumption of the machine.

I think the hot water feed used to reduce cycle times but didn't actually much reduce energy consumption, and also limits your cold cycle ability. Sure someone will correct me if i'm miles off.

Yes the thinking is now that it is more energy efficient to have the washing machine heat the water to temperature in the drum than pre heating the water, bearing in mind the combi boiler is the norm for heating which heats water as it is drawn.Of course in your case it is the opposite the hot water is available anyway. Only thing to do is to buy a second hand refurbished.

Sponsored Links
Yes the thinking is now that it is more energy efficient to have the washing machine heat the water to temperature in the drum than pre heating the water
Which of course is bullshit when you think about the overall system efficiancy (including the power plant for electricity).

And on the same subject, is it OK just to turn the hot water supply off at using the tap at the end (where the hot pipe would have been connected), or does it have to be "capped" in some way??

Cheers

you can turn it off or cap it just make sure it dont leak

thanks, rocks

what does capping it involve exactly?! is it as simple as screwing something on the end where the pipe would connect, or would it require some sort of cutting/soldering?? as you say i'm concerned about it leaking

cheers

capping is a end cap that screws on the end of the valve shut off ,i did hear you can push a 10 pence or 2 pence piece into it ,any plumbing shop will have a end cap cost pennys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back