Hot water cylinder non-standard size

Ok, but i thought i couldn't just tee off the hot supply because it would get air in. and i had to use a flange :confused:

Sponsored Links
leave the pipework out of the cylinder as it is 22mm.
then t off in 15mm in either of these two places to the pump.

salamander will accept this on the ct pumps.

diags_gravitysystem.gif

bigger pumps yes
but smaller pumps and power showers etc can be done this way but when you t off place the t down wards so not to draw air down.

i have spoke to salamander and its in the salamander book that it can be done this way on the ct pump. and i have confurmed this on the phone before

Ok, i understand that.

But i thought hot pipe of the cylinder (that will have a tee to the pump) had to be on a 45 degree angle.

Sponsored Links
Can't make it 45 because of the existing pipework.

So will this definitley work? Would be much easier

Also can i tee off in 22 or will it have to be 15?

nothing stopping you feeding 22mm then change to 15mm before it enters the pump.

i've had a few installed or pumps changed on this sort of pipework and all been ok.
you could alter the vertical pipe etc and fit a 45 providing you can reach over the cylinder.
even give salamander a ring in the morning.

I think i'll try my diagram method (using the compression tee).

I think this will be the best option, as long as the flow to the rest of the hot taps isn't restricted.

Thanks for all your help. You're great :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back