Warwick/Warix flange H/W cylinder pipe query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to fit a flange to add a booster pump to all the hot water, so don't want to cut an Essex flange in the side of the cylinder.

The top of the cylinder in question is a 22mm compression nut. I thought most H/W cylinders were female - reinforced by the fact Screwfix stock two variants of male flange. In this case though, the compression nut is so close to the tank, it suggests the tank connection is male. i.e. I see nothing under the compression nut to suggest this is a compression union which screws into the tank if that makes sense.

The nut is about 1 1/2 inch AF, so larger than a 3/4 BSP bath tap connector nut, and it is possible to get a 1 inch female Warix but they don't seem as common, so I'm thinking that's what I probably need.

Can anyone confirm? It would be 15-20 years old I guess.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Pipe.jpg
    Pipe.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 316
  • Pipe2.jpg
    Pipe2.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have a look at York flange for your cylinder.

Thanks - I hadn't come across one of those. Just so my understanding is correct - on a Warix/Warwick, the pump connection is out of the top, and the vented to the side, where the latter can be adjusted around to suit the existing pipework. i.e. that makes it particularly suited to retaining the existing pipework exactly as is, and just adding a shower pump say.

On a Surrey (and York?), the vented connection is top, and pump to the side, which arguably makes it better for my situation where the hot is ALL going to be pumped - but I assume that like the Surrey, a York can't be adjusted - i.e. you're stuck with whatever position it ends up.

So a female Warix would still do the same job - and the decision is simply one of which is the easiest given the changes to my pipework?

Sponsored Links
Hi guys have a similar situation to YorkshireMidge and need a female Warwick flange but seem unable to find any stockist! Does anyone know where I can get one from? If not can I convert the male connector from the cylinder to female, so can then use the stocked male Warwick flange?

Many thanks

Hi guys have a similar situation to YorkshireMidge and need a female Warwick flange but seem unable to find any stockist! Does anyone know where I can get one from? If not can I convert the male connector from the cylinder to female, so can then use the stocked male Warwick flange?

Many thanks

Better to start a new thread.

Many thanks

Hi - I turned up a new-old stock "Warix" brand female flange on ebay at the time (sorry attached picture is poor but it was last year and I can only get the thumbnail). This is the one Picasso's link refers to (but their photo is obviously of the male version). Like you, I can't seem to find a seller for the female version now though. HOWEVER, I did a quick search around and something that certainly *looks* as if it might be the same as mine can be found on a Google for "danzey flange female" from a number of suppliers, and on ebay.

e.g. http://www.bhl.co.uk/danzey-flange-22mm-x-1-inch-female.html

Might be worth an enquiry if you're not yet sorted out.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Warix flange.jpg
    Warix flange.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 878
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back