Hot Water Question Apollo Gas Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mums got an old Apollo gas boiler which does the central heating ok but has never worked for hot water. She has used the immersion heater instead for hot water. She decided to get a plumber out to get the hot water to work and he said the pump was sticking. He apparently got it going but by time I went round it didn't work again. Surely the pump is used for both heating and hot water so if it works for one then it would work for both?
You can hear it running when the heating is on so it can't be the problem.
Any suggestions of what might be wrong? Thanks

Sponsored Links
We need to know what sort of system you have. Is it fully pumped? Does it use 1 motorised valve (Y plan) or 2 motorised valves (S plan) or 2 pumps (!!!!)?

Caspar said:
My mums got an old Apollo gas boiler which does the central heating ok but has never worked for hot water. She has used the immersion heater instead for hot water. She decided to get a plumber out to get the hot water to work and he said the pump was sticking. He apparently got it going but by time I went round it didn't work again. Surely the pump is used for both heating and hot water so if it works for one then it would work for both?
You can hear it running when the heating is on so it can't be the problem.
Any suggestions of what might be wrong? Thanks

try replacing the 3 port valve

Sponsored Links
If the pump had gone on an apollo the boiler would sound like it was being hit with a hammer due to it being low water content copper heat exchanger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back