HOTPOINT CTD85

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

we've had this machine for 3 years now and regularly clear out the fluff - However not for the last 10 months atleast :oops:
recently when the machine turns off or after 2-3 mins off operation the main fuse in our fuse board trips.

i cleaned out the filter and looked in the little tub at the back where the overflow seems to run and that was full of water so i emptied it.

however behind the filter at the bottom there is a lot of water and i can't see any obvious way to access that, i'm guessing that is causing possible shorts in the machines. i took a small panel off at the back and their was water in that, so the machine is currently laid flat down on the floor to try and drain it.

any further suggestions would be much appreciated as we cxld our extended warranty 1 year ago :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
remove the condenser big silver thing at the bottom hose it out and put it back when dry also with it out put hand into the big hole and clean all the wet fluff from it .
water is spraying onto the heater element cos the condenser is blocked with fluff .

which big silver thing do u mean exactly? :confused:

also the big cavernous area at the back - if you look thru where the filter system is - how do you access it without 6 foot long arms

open the door its on the bottom left .3 clips on it pull it out .

Sponsored Links
filter is in the door at the front ,you dont mean the water bottle at the top .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back