Hotpoint WF740 - Major Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, when i start a wash and my Hotpoint WF740 is filling, its just filling straight onto the floor, in literally 5 seconds the floor was covered :eek:
I purchased it 2 years ago and didn't buy the extended warranty, wish i did now.
So im just wondering if you can tell me what could be causing it and if theres a way of fixing it myself ?

Decided to have a look inside to see if i could see any thing that doesn't look right and this is all i can see.

After removing the back panel at the bottom, can see washing powder on that black pipe?

dsc01094oz4.jpg

And all i can see after emoving the top

dsc01095qd0.jpg

Any help, appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
that black sump is it on the the drum or loose ,also next to sump check the heater is not loose

easy way shine torch under mc when its on wheres it leaking from.

Sponsored Links
easy way shine torch under mc when its on wheres it leaking from.
Thanks for replying again :) Managed to clean the sump out and wow there was 3 socks in it, other bits of material and fluff :eek: and a £1 coin in the filter.
24729915rf6.jpg

so i pulled the heater out because it was wobbly and this thing was underneath it, obversly the heaters meant to sit on it, but i dont know which side to put the heater on as both sides have got marks made by the heater and does it go on top of the heater or underneath it?

36388613gj8.jpg

66445746ot1.jpg

pic b is the bottom heater bracker heater goes on top clips fold round heater ,make sure heater is straignt and not bent .

pic b is the bottom heater bracker heater goes on top clips fold round heater ,make sure heater is straignt and not bent .

Hi there, i've got the heater back on the bracket but now i cant get the heater back in, the rubber bit on the heater wont get through the hole, seems like i might have to hammer it in ?
dsc01104cj3.jpg

Hi there

The rubber on the heater expands when fitted. I don't think you'll be able to get this one back in. If it nearly fits you could try putting some washing up liquid round the edge of the rubber. If that doesn't work you will have to get a new heater.

Hi there

The rubber on the heater expands when fitted. I don't think you'll be able to get this one back in. If it nearly fits you could try putting some washing up liquid round the edge of the rubber. If that doesn't work you will have to get a new heater.

Hey, thanks for your reply. Tried washing up liquid, still cant get it in :( Tried googling the numbers thats on the heater but cant find anything about it.

It say "17/12/05 240v 1800w Bleckmann PF70 FE144 SHK 031711 1600169 2400" have i got to get this part or can i get any 240v 1800w heater?
Cheapest i can find is £18, is that about right?

Do a search for a Hotpoint Heater and you should find the part that fits your machine model number (WF740).

I've just done a quick search on my suppliers web site

(':eek:')

£37.73!!!!!

This is the model number you need - Hotpoint Heater - HPT1604486

Do a search for a Hotpoint Heater and you should find the part that fits your machine model number (WF740).

I've just done a quick search on my suppliers web site

(':eek:')

£37.73!!!!!

This is the model number you need - Hotpoint Heater - HPT1604486
Thanks for looking, wow thats expensive :cry: wouldnt these ones work then http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=350105023771&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=022 and http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=190284453425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
yes the secound one will do the first one has no heater bracket

ok thanks, got that one, just wondering if theres anything i need to know about changing the heater, or is it just a matter of switching the wires?

nope just push in tighten nut up connect 3 wires and 2 small blue ones and your done

Hey, Thanks for your reply, The yellow and green wire has no where to go on the new one, cant pull the connector bit off the old heater, any ideas please?
78768483ft8.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back