Hotpoint WF740 - Major Leaking

Sponsored Links
I seriously cannot believe my luck :(
After emptying machine after wash, this is what im faced with
dsc01123.jpg

All the clips apart from 1 have broke/weared off so i cant fit it back on, lucks like ive got to get the heater out as well cause i see loads of material on it already :( just wondering if you know what these are called so i can go about buying a new 1?
another pic
dsc01124xpc.jpg

oh dear they are called lifters check the sump to pull stuff out do not remove heater, rubber swells up you wont get it back in .ebay for lifters about 8 quid each .you can try and cable tie it round though the holes they just clip in the lifters. offer it over the slots and push back til they click in place .

oh dear they are called lifters check the sump to pull stuff out do not remove heater, rubber swells up you wont get it back in .ebay for lifters about 8 quid each .you can try and cable tie it round though the holes they just clip in the lifters. offer it over the slots and push back til they click in place .

oh that was close i forgot that i wouldnt get the heater back in if i took it out :eek: Thanks for reminding me :) cool idea with the cable ties, think i might have some somewhere, thanks for letting me know what their called :)

Sponsored Links
only me again :)
just wondering if you mean like this?
dsc01125.jpg

and then both ends of the tie going through the middle of lifter?
dsc01128d.jpg

Also would the heater get hot enough to melt the cable ties?

yes like that but that heater looks like its touching the drum did u fit the heater bracket to the heater.no it wont melt it inch gap betwwen the heater and drum

yes like that but that heater looks like its touching the drum did u fit the heater bracket to the heater.no it wont melt it inch gap betwwen the heater and drum

yea the bracket was already attached, heaters not touching the drum, about an inch away, cool, thanks :)

wow that was a mission :LOL: took me at least 2 hours trying to get the ends of the cable ties through the lifter :eek: but got there in the end. Thanks again mate, your a:cool: dude :LOL: :D
64053344.jpg

48621812.jpg

Hi guys, only me again :LOL:
Washing machine started leaking again so i thought ahh no problem it will only take me 5 minutes and it would of been if i could get the sump back on :(

It dont seem to want to stay there, if i tighten the jubilee clip quite alot the sump falls off and if i tighten it a little it kind of stays in place but if i just touch it it falls off :(

Any ideas please?

push sump up and tighten at the same time ,jubilee clip needs to be on neck of sump

make sure the white cup /cage is in the black sump properly you will seen a black piece of rubber at the bottom of sump. cage must be down at the base.

clip needs to be on neck of sump

That was it mate, sorted, thanks ;)
because of the pic in my 1st post in this thread i was putting the clip about 3/4 cm down, so as u said neck thought i'd have another go and put it right at the top of the sump and its all good now :)
Nice one ;)

Just wondering when i opened the bottom of the machine i noticed all of the earth wires detatched their selfs somehow :eek: so if i touched the water over the floor when the washer was on would i have got a shock?

yes quite poss at least its sorted till the next time. :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back