Hotpoint WF740 - Major Leaking

Sponsored Links
that wire is the earth .the tag is missing from the new heater and you cannnot pull old one off .try and wrap wire round the centre nut, make sure its safe use the other nut from the old heater to put on the thread

The other alternative is to cut the earth wire off it's current connector (on the old heater) and crimp a new O Ring connector onto the earh wire. Then slide that over the thread and bolt it on.

Hi guys, this is just driving me crazy now :(
I cut the connector off the earth and tried wrapping them around the thread but 1 of them isnt long enough even though i cut it right at the edge of the connector.
So i was looking at the connector and came up with the idea of flatening the edge and using that to connect the earths

32683667jt6.jpg

85341815pd4.jpg

I dont want to turn the washer on yet until you guys can confirm it would be ok and safe?

Also is it ok to switch the earth wires around(one going to the side with loads of other wires and the other on the bottom base) just wondering as the 1 that goes to the side has got a bronze coloured connector and the one that goes on the base is silver?

Thanks for all your help so far and sorry if some of my questions are silly.

Sponsored Links
thats ok as it is make sure the 2 earth wires do not touch any others apart from base of heater .make sure them 2 earth wires are tight if they come of in spin mode they could touch heater wires then bang .get a 0 ring from car factors and a wire crimp to put on later to surcure it

Hey, thanks. But now ive completly messed everything up :(
One of the earth wires does'nt reach ither the side or base and i cant seem to find these earth wires complete anywhere, have a got to buy the wire and connectors seperate and make it myself?

the other earth goes on to moter look for the small tag on moter block

thanks again for reply, i know where they both go just that one of the earth wires does'nt reach ither the motor or base now ive cut it and i cant seem to find these earth wires complete anywhere, have i got to buy the wire and connectors seperate and make it myself?

the two earth tags on the heater , 1 go to the moter and 1 to cabinet base if they are two short join them singley so they reach with any colour wire and a spade connector from halfords /diy shop. if you want leave them off till the weekend thay only stop you getting a shock of mc when hands are wet mc will still work without them

the two earth tags on the heater , 1 go to the moter and 1 to cabinet base if they are two short join them singley so they reach with any colour wire and a spade connector from halfords /diy shop. if you want leave them off till the weekend thay only stop you getting a shock of mc when hands are wet mc will still work without them
sorry mate but i dont understand? :(

the pic you show of the heater has 2 earth wires on it . two wires on the heater. one end of these goes to the cabinet one goes to the moter if they are too short increase the length by crimping a piece of wire to each one,one to motor one to cabinet base.

the pic you show of the heater has 2 earth wires on it . two wires on the heater. one end of these goes to the cabinet one goes to the moter if they are too short increase the length by crimping a piece of wire to each one,one to motor one to cabinet base.

Ok cool, thanks. Im sending that heater back and the sellers going to send me a new one with the connection on. So im just wondering a earth wires a earth wire right? i can just buy some off ebay, buy the connectors, crimp tool and just make a new earth wire how it was before i cut it?

yep thats right try diy shops for earth wire band wickes homebase etc you only need about 2 foot thats ample. halfords for a crimp set cost less than a quid

yep thats right try diy shops for earth wire band wickes homebase etc you only need about 2 foot thats ample. halfords for a crimp set cost less than a quid

Woo Hoo, its sorted mate :)
Heater arrived this morning, connected wires and tightened up the bolt = working washing machine :)
Heres the earth wire i made
dsc01120k.jpg

and how the new heater looks
dsc01119.jpg

You dont realise how important a washing machine is until you havnt got one for 2 weeks :)
Massive thank you for all your quick and helpful replys, nice one :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back