Hotpoint WF740 - Major Leaking

Sponsored Links
Ah man that was tough tieing them cable ties :LOL:

But I managed to do it :D
Exactly what you said and it worked :D

Thanks again man, appreciate the help, Cheers :D

Hey guys, only me again :LOL:

The belt came off again :(

I noticed that the drum casing has got gaps in (under the red lines on my pics) which the belt slips into (like the last pic).

Am I right in thinking these are not meant to be there?
Looks like the belt has engraved the case?

Just wondering if them gaps are not meant to be there, can I fill them?

Thanks for any info

2z3t5kn.png

Oh dear , is it noisy cos your bearings have gone hence causing the belt to come off. And it's cutting into the drum.

Sponsored Links
Hey, thanks for reply,

Oh no I was hoping you wasn't going to say that, looks like a difficult job :(

If I replace the bearings will the belt stay centered? So I won't need to fill gaps in?

It looks like a welded tank and the bearings can't be replace. Drum is about 80.00. Call hotpoint all in charge parts and labour. 105.00.

Ahhh great, I hope not.
It's going from bad to worse :LOL:
Is it definitely welded?
Do you know how I can check?
Thanks

Is there 17 bolts round the middle of the drum. If no its welded , if yes then it's a split drum and rear half will cost about 50.00.

You only need to remove the lid it will hit you in the face , look and the middle of the drum.

I've still not attempted to fix washing maching.
Been busy with college, but only got 1 week left so I can get on with my DIY jobs :)

I had a quick look at it and it looks like it has got bolts all around the drum, so fingers crossed I'll be able to fix it.

Fed up of handwashing now :LOL:

Hey guys, never got round to fixing it and after 9 months of hand washing decided to just get a new one which is being delivered tomorrow :)

Taking my old washing machine apart certainly made it easier to take down 4 lots of stairs :LOL:

Anyway just wanted to say thanks alot for all your help :D and I hope I dont have any problems with my new machine any time soon :LOL:

[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back