Hotpoint WMK760PUK(R) door lock and wiring burned

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

About 3 months ago the door lock on our washer was clicking constantly. I ordered a new branded door lock and fitted it fine. The plastic connector from the wiring harness to the lock showed some evidence of burning but it fitted OK, still, to the new lock and functioned fine.

This morning my wife came down to see the kitchen filling with smoke and the machine flashing F06 (door lock fault)

She switched off the machine and the smoke dissipated. I've taken it apart tonight and found the door look severley burned, the connector has melted and the wires melded together.

OK, so I can buy a new lock and wiring harness but is this likely just caused by a faulty lock or do you think it could have been caused by some other underlying electrical fault and therefore I could expect this again and so probably should just get a new machine.

Is this something anyone has seen before? possible causes?

thanks very much

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back