House alarm internal sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On setting my house alarm the internal sounder is not silenced after 30 seconds and stays on indefinitely until I re-enter the code. Therefore the alarm does not actually set. The alarm is a Sterling 10 from the early 2000's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have waited in the Hall whilst waiting for the sounder to stop ( which it doesn't) and the display shows "Hall", but is that because I am interfering with the Hall detector? I thought about omitting the Hall from the set-up. Is that an option?

Thanks.

Does the hall detector light up ? Or does it stay on all the time even when your still ? Try omitting it , does it set ?

Sponsored Links
The Hall light only comes on when the infra red is broken. In fact, I have put the alarm on in the last 30 mins and the Hall sensor, kitchen sensors all come on if they are interfered with. The front door sensor also shows up on the display, although I haven't opened the door. All the time the internal sounder is going off.

Thanks.

Faulty door contact , take it off remove the two single wires under the silver screws , twist together , now try to set alarm ....or omit front if permitted

Well that would be a surprise. The door contacts have recently been replaced, maybe not properly. I will let you know.

Unfortunately the reed switches in the contacts these days are rubbish ! Had brand new ones out of the packet faulty .... Probably all made in China !

Yes, connecting the two wires on the door contact and then setting the alarm worked. So time for more contacts, preferably working ones!

Thanks again.

Well I have returned to the situation that I found a couple of weeks ago. On fitting more door contacts a three note tone can be heard each time the front door is opened without setting the alarm. Otherwise the alarm works OK.

If I set the alarm without the door contacts ie connecting two wires together on the contact, the alarm sets properly after 30 secs, but on re entry to the house the alarm goes off and shows an alarm symbol on the wall display which is still there.

Thanks.

Door chime selected
And hall pir is on entry route
Which is correct you have to activate the door to Walk by the hall , if you don't it is a full alarm

Should the door chime be going off every time the door is opened when the alarm is not set? It never used to do that.

Now sorted. Someone has accidently reset the door chime function, a function I was not aware of, so I suspiciously thought it was the door contacts.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back