House Alarm Problem PIR Active

in the pir was there anything else along with where the wires were connectted?

and how many wires (not counting + and -ve?)

contact3.jpg

I know this is a contact, but it shows what resistors look like.

Sponsored Links
Will double check tomorrow night, the kids are in bed so can't set the tamper off.

From memory, and I may be wrong, I think that there were more wires than the N C and +ve/-ve. Will post reply tomorrow night after 8.
Ta.

there probably are, they will be the tamper pair.

its if or not you have resistors we have to worry about first.

have you got a multi meter?

Yes I have basic something that will test if there is a live connection or circuit.

Sponsored Links
You are 1 of two things either a ****tard or a novice in either case call in an expert :eek:

alarmnewb - you complete t0sspot - why express an opinion about someone you know nothing about - read the thread - I state I haven't got a clue!! My response to the multi-meter question was called a bit of humour - you get it?
Isn't the idea of sites like this to try and help people. Joe90 and breezer, for their own reasons and satisfaction are using their expertise to give advice to us novices!! So why you see the need to come out with your cr4p I don't know so up yours and go and bother someone else you ignorant turd.

In an entirely different forum and on a completely different subject I do the same because I am an expert in my field and enjoy helping people.

Breezer, I was 3 hours late out of work so have not been able to examine my PIR, hopefully I will leave on time tomorrow to be able to post the results.

you think you are late, what about me? only logged on 10 mins ago (and diynot still hanging when it wants to)

you will need to link it out in the panel then

small loop of wire goes in the circuit for ofending pir, eg cct 5

you must take out the wires that are currently in there.

try setting it, walk test will show..............nothing

Somebody has very kindly labelled the wires.

PIR wires removed. None of the 2 PIRs activated on walk test.

Somebody has very kindly labelled the wires.

PIR wires removed. None of the 2 PIRs activated on walk test.

you will need to link it out in the panel then

small loop of wire goes in the circuit for ofending pir, eg cct 5

you must take out the wires that are currently in there.

try setting it, walk test will show..............nothing

think I am missing the point - does this indicate the PIR is the problem?

Should I reconnect everything?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back