House fuse blown

It was a 32A rewirable fuse. The incoming connection block (on the hob) was badly burnt and causing a dead short taking out both fuses.
I didn't think HRC fuses were "slow blow". I thought that they were designed to blow immediately given a "dead short" condition, hence both blowing.

Any ideas on what it should cost to get the required Cert of completion?
What would the "qualified person" have to do, test the integrity of the cabling to the fuseboard presumably?

Thanks for any helpful responses. (and pictures trojan)

Sponsored Links
Why can't you just forget about this? You've done the repair and all is now well, apparently...

If you're really that worried about it, then get a trusted, experienced local electrician (not a Part-P know-all) to check why the 60A HRC fuse blew as well as the 30A ("32A" sic) rewireable fuse.

Don't bother with the supplier, he isn't Father Christmas, he's only interested in two things: Ignoring you or dipping into your wallet....

Lucia.

Lot of fuss TBH - Turn off the computer and watch Children in need.......

I want it resealed because otherwise there could be accusations of "bypassing the meter" - Isn't this the reason for the seal in the first place?

Sponsored Links
If you have only removed the seal on a main fuse, you couldn't possibly be accused of bypassing the meter.

Removing the seal on the cutout is an everyday procedure for electricians. The supplier only becomes anxious when his meter seal has been tampered with.

So, stop worrying - be happy......

Lucia.

I want it resealed because otherwise there could be accusations of "bypassing the meter" - Isn't this the reason for the seal in the first place?

The reason for the seal on the "cutout" is to stop un-trained persons from playing with the equipment and carrying out repairs for whitch they are not compertent or insured to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back