House not getting up to temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help with this one, much appreciated. Can't get to the bottom of it.
In this cold weather, my house rarely seems gets up to room stat temperature, I have a thermometer right next to the stat so can see the difference, or it just feels cold in the house. I noticed the boiler (Potterton Suprima 60) was often flashing green - boiler temperature control satisfied- even though the room stat temperature was not reached. So I turn the room stat down below the "click" and up again way past the click but still the boiler doesn't fire, but sometimes seem to fire after a few minutes or even much later. I replaced the room stat (Honeywell T6360?), no change. Then found the motorised valve (Honeywell V4073A) was making a lot of noise and the lever underneath had no resistance so changed it. Thought rads might only be getting hot when hot water was called. Guess what, still the same situation, boiler cuts out when room stat temperature not reached, and fires up when it decides to.
The boiler has had circuit boards replaced and has the one that is supposed to be OK. Just noticed the new motorised valve still has no resistance on the lever. Help, where to now? Have I got an electrical problem? Thinking of calling in BGAS on their £99 fixed charge service....

Sponsored Links
you fail to actually say if your radiator get hot and stay hot when there is a demand

do they stay hot when there is a demand, ie, if you turn the roomstat up high, do the rads get hot and stay hot?

Sponsored Links
That's the problem Mickyg, rads don't get hot when the room stat is turned up, and the boiler doesn't immediately fire when the room stat is turned up too. That's why I put a new room stat in. Boiler seems to have a mind of its own when to fire up. Guess it could be responding to call for hot water, and rads then get warm too...

I noticed the boiler (Potterton Suprima 60) was often flashing green - boiler temperature control satisfied- even though the room stat temperature was not reached.
What is the boiler temperature dial set to?

Yes, some cooler spots so perhaps air in the system, but nothing that will come out of the bleed valve. Had a new bathroom put in 4 months ago and the system was drained down then. Perhaps a drain down, flush and refill will help?

open vent system, always the same problems.
look in wiki, faq and search forum on the subject of cleaning/flushing system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back