House price with time per construction method

In my mate’s new build townhouse, when standing in his utility room, you can hear his neighbour taking a pi55 in the toilet that obviously adjoins the room next door.

Brick for me.

Sponsored Links
In my mate’s new build townhouse, when standing in his utility room, you can hear his neighbour taking a pi55 in the toilet that obviously adjoins the room next door.

Brick for me.
It's the same for us, thankfully only the flushing sound, through the 9 inch solid walls through to next doors toilet under the stairs, so timber frame doesn't have a monopoly on sound transmission. Although it's certainly easier to make a bad job of it!

Brick for me.
And thats just the neighbours missus.

Sponsored Links
That shouldn't be the case in a new build house. Walls between dwellings of whatever construction should provide a certain level of sound insulation (decibel reduction ) to comply with bldg. regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back