House With No Back Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been to look at a house to buy, but it had no back door. There was one door into the kitchen, wouldn't this be a fire risk and be against buildings regs? The property originally had a back door in but it had been brick up and kitchen units put in front. The house had patio doors in the lounge which went into the back garden, is this sufficient to cover building regs? I need to know before i fork out on a survey and waste my money. Cheers

Sponsored Links
A quick phone call to the BCO will give you the answer straight away and it's free advice ;)

Sponsored Links
ml1936 said:
I've just been to look at a house to buy, but it had no back door. There was one door into the kitchen, wouldn't this be a fire risk and be against buildings regs? The property originally had a back door in but it had been brick up and kitchen units put in front. The house had patio doors in the lounge which went into the back garden, is this sufficient to cover building regs? I need to know before i fork out on a survey and waste my money. Cheers

I recently refurbished a house. I bricked up the old back door into the kitchen and fitted french doors into the rear garden from the dining room. The kitchen ( where the old back door was ) was open plan to the dining room. This left the house with a front door and the french windows. All this was done with buiding control.

Building control for Redcar and Cleveland can be found here- http://www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/...3DE372901D092A08802570500055CED4?OpenDocument

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back