Housing foundations damaged by flooding from uphill woodland

Just dug down a good few feet and it doesn't look like the downpipe runs parallel along my house in the terrace :( I asked the neighbour if I could connect a drain to hers and she said no because she doesn't want excess water to deal with on her side. Back to the drawing board.

Sponsored Links
Raise ground closer to house and lower ground away from house. Then use a water pump until a better solution is found.

Raise ground closer to house and lower ground away from house. Then use a water pump until a better solution is found.
Thanks for the suggestion. Just had Anglian water come round to assess and after an hour of investigating their serious summary was to move.

How old is the house?

There is always a solution, even if the worst case solution is to dig a trench through the ground floor of the property to connect up a to a drain.

Sponsored Links
How old is the house?

There is always a solution, even if the worst case solution is to dig a trench through the ground floor of the property to connect up a to a drain.
How about a sump pump and run the output up to the gutter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back