How best to change this bath/shower setup?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, everyone. The attached shows the shower/bath setting we inherited when we moved into our new home. The bath is a walk-in one, although I don't know whether that's relevant. As you'll see, there's a rain shower which is slightly coming loose from its fittings, and what I'd assumed was a rather low-seated handheld shower, but which turns out to be a bidet attachment. The bidet attachment doesn't work anyway: the diverter doesn't divert - I don't know why. Both bath and shower are operated using a pump off a hot water cylinder.

The lack of a handheld shower, however, is a real pain. I'd be happy to lose the rain shower if we had to, but I'm wondering whether there is any way that the existing setup could be rejigged to include a handheld, preferably sliding up and down on a bar or similar, without having to take off the tiles and go into the wall? Could the bidet attachment be converted into a shower if we can find and sort out what's preventing it from working?

I'd very much appreciate your thoughts on this, please: let me know if you need any further information.

Attachments

• IMG_20230913_085326.jpg
    IMG_20230913_085326.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Yes, that douche attachment is ridiculous, it's not allowed in the water regs either, the way it is.

Could it be converted into a normal hand held, no reason not to. It would end up having a looong shower hose but easy enough. Fit a riser rail onto the wall, say the left of the valve, run an extended shower hose up from the low wall outlet up to the rail and just attach a normal shower head to it.

Thanks, Madrab, that's good to know. I wasn't sure if anything more complex might be needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back