how can I clean the top of kitchen wall units ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to clean the tops of the kitchen wall units, which are greasey. I would have left it, after all the tops are not really visible, but my wife wants it done. Which chemical can I spray on and then clean, with the minimum of effort please.

Sponsored Links
[I need to clean the tops of the kitchen wall units, which are greasey. I would have left it, after all the tops are not really visible, but my wife wants it done. Which chemical can I spray on and then clean, with the minimum of effort please.[/i]
Any caustic chemical should shut her up. :LOL:

Does your wife do the cooking? Well tell her to do it then, she made the mess.

Sponsored Links
Any foamy type of bathroom cleaner will do this.
Clear all the carp off first, spray one cupboard top at a time and leave for a few minutes to 'soak' in. Then with some warm water and a cloth, rinse off the scum and dry with a separate cloth. Be prepared to change the clean water frequently and maybe even cloths. Been there, done that and got the pat on the back but boy it can be messy, especially round the cooker area.

[I need to clean the tops of the kitchen wall units, which are greasey. I would have left it, after all the tops are not really visible, but my wife wants it done. Which chemical can I spray on and then clean, with the minimum of effort please.[/i]

If we removed an access panel from the mainplane of a BAC Lightning, we had to clean the silicon like gunge (the fuel was stored in the wings) off the inner face, we used, methyl ethyl ketone or trichoroethylene, unfortunatly they have slight risks, if you've spilt some on your overalls & someone smokes a cigarette in the vicinity, the inhaled fumes turn to phosgene gas, and you drown in your own body fluids so you might be better off sticking to mr muscle. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My brother used to work in a place welding car seat frames together. They had some old bird there whose job was to degrease the metal with tryke. He said every so often someone had to pick her up off the floor when the fumes got a bit too much. :LOL: I've used tryke myself in the past...bad gear.

I've always used lots of GP cleaner (like Flash) and scrubbed, but I heard recently that you can apply thin cooking oil, which softens the old grease, then you wipe it up and give a final clean with washing up liquid or other cleaner.

I wonder if WD40 would clean it off, as it's basically oxidised oil?

If you want to give it a try, come back and say how it works.

The kitchen here is so clean that I can't try it myself.

BTW a cooker hood with extractor (not a useless recycling one) will keep the kitchen cleaner as it sucks away the vaporised oil and cooking fumes from roasting and frying, which are the cause of this nasty sticky coating.

Or you could be a vegitarian like me, no messy fatty siht.

And miss out on the delicious taste of all those cooked lambs, pigs and cows............don't think so.

I've tried twice now to sneak a word into the post, the the first & last letters were s & t the two in the middle i reversed ih instead of hi, & look what happens; siht.

Sponsored Links
Back