How can I throughly test for leaks?

F

flednanders

Dowdy Hoody Neighbours!

The lood gord smiled on me today so I saw fit to celebrate his grace by attempting my first plumbing job!

I put moved the pipe for the shower inside the wall. Unfortunately, over excited by the gord's grace, I then sealed up the wall without testing for leaks.

Since it's my first attempt, is there any equipment I could use (maybe some air device?) that I can use to test throughly for leaks well to save me having to dig out the wall again and possibly damage the pipe in the process?

We are all gords children, thank you for your kindness!

Dowdy Hoody,

flednanders

Sponsored Links
Errr right....
Are you talking about a mains pressure pipe going to an electric shower here?
If so, fix a water pressure gauge (£10 or so) to a washing machine outlet and turn it on. The gauge will register the pressure.
Now turn off the house stopcock. If the pressure gauge falls, you have a leak somewhere.
Enjoy!
John :)

The lood gord provideth all water and will decideth the outcome in due course...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back