How do I adjust this old aluminium framed door (Everest, double glazed, solid hinges)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing door between my living room and conservatory that has dropped and needs adjustment, the bolt part of the locking mechanism no longer fits in the receiving part.

Photos

The hinges are solid (not flag hinges) and the fixing holes in the hinge and frame are not slotted, allowing no adjustment. I have taken the door off completely to confirm this.

I've had a go at removing the gasket around the glazing panel but I think it may be a wraparound gasket and not a wedge, as it is tearing when I try to remove it.

The only adjustment I can see is inside the frame, there are two allen key bolts connecting two parts of the frame. Should I try to loosen these and lift up the handle side of the frame and tighten again?

I'm asking this in a UK sub because I think the door is by Everest (the double glazing panel is marked Everest, but there is no marking on the frame itself. Other doors and windows in the house are by Everest and I think they were installed in the 80s although this is a bit of a guess). I've looked for old Everest installation manuals online but haven't been able to find any.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back