how do I change LED bulb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot find how to replace the bulb (picture attached).
The housing pulls down around 1 cm. There are no clips or springs etc visible to me. The metal rim does not seem to unscrew - unwilling to use excessive force without knowing that that is the correct thing to do.
Any advice?

Attachments

• light.JPG
    light.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 273
Sponsored Links
Alot of LED fittings do not have a replaceable 'lamp'.

When the unit fails to work then its end-of-life.... replace the whole unit.

It's probably an integral unit. No 'bulbs' to replace. The whole unit probably needs replacing, and they probably don't make them anymore. Could be wrong of course.

Some downlights have spring clips on the circumference that bite into the plasterboard- try turning the bezel clockwise or anticlockwise (if one direction is much easier than the other then combine turning in that direction with a bit of downward pull and that should do it
Others have butterfly clips (usually 2) that are sprung & bear onto the plasterboard. Downward pull should get some resistance but shouldn't need massive force
And as others have said good odds the LED is a 1 piece thing with the bezel, not a replacable lamp.

Sponsored Links
thanks all - I will try a firm twist and if that fails remove the thing and look for a new set of 6 lights :(.

These wonderful integrated LED spots.

People thought they would last forever, the eight years or so that they have been available has flown by - and they don't seem to be lasting that well.

These wonderful integrated LED spots.

People thought they would last forever, the eight years or so that they have been available has flown by - and they don't seem to be lasting that well.
to be fair with leds using perhaps 10% to 20%off a hallogen so saving 80-90% it will only be a year or so to fully pay the replacement costs with extra savings on average halving or reducing running costs even more ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back