How do I change this bulb?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do I just take the coil off the bulb to release the unit and then be able to replace bulb inside?
20200311_221856.jpg
20200311_221527.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are u sure u dont undo the coil (as in picture)? This is what springs it back up into the ceiling
20200311_223220.jpg

You cannot 'undo' the coil.

You must pull it down until you can hold in the spring tabs and withdraw the light easily.
It very likely will damage the plasterboard.

upload_2020-3-11_13-46-39.png

You cannot 'undo' the coil.

You must pull it down until you can hold in the spring tabs and withdraw the light easily.
It very likely will damage the plasterboard.

View attachment 185746
So pull it down as far as it goes then squeeze in the springs and the whole thing should then drop down. Once I've done that will it be obvious how to access the bulbs inside?

Thxs by the way

Hold the White part of the fitting , the Chrome part should unscrew anti clockwise or some just pull away from the Body of the fitting , they have 2 spring type parts that grip the inside of the man body , though I’ve not seen them for a good while .

Let us know how things work out

Phil

Here we go again...............................................................................................yawn!

Andy

IF the lamp is replaceable (not all of them are) then it should not be necessary to remove the luminaire from the ceiling. All that you will gain by doing that is to damage the plaster/paintwork.

However, if you pull it out a little, you may be able to find a label with the maker's name and model number on it. Please share this information.

IME, fittings like that work one of 4 ways.

1. The lamp is not replaceable; you need to change the whole unit.
2. The bezel unscrews to reveal access to the lamp.
3. The bezel rotates anticlockwise bayonet-fashion to reveal access to the lamp.
4. The bezel is attached magnetically or otherwise and pulling downwards will remove it to reveal access to the lamp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back