How do I fix this hole in a plaster wall corner?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Help would be appreciated - what do I need to do here?
2020-10-21 10.14.37.jpg
2020-10-21 10.14.43.jpg

Sponsored Links
Scrape lose off. Got any wood glue? 50 / 50 with water and lash on right in gaps.
Let it dry for a few hours.
Toupret powder mix real thick (bread dough like) and poke in and around and let it set. You don't want enough filler that it sags with weight. Just put some in best you can, right in. When set (but don't leave to dry) so 90 ish mins and do again. When set 90mins do again and smooth off. So you are building up a bit at a time.
Take a few days to dry. Sand 120 grade.
Could then run lining paper over its up to you

Last edited:
Thanks @Wayners - exactly the info I needed. Just one question if you don't mind - why mix the glue with water? Is it easier to apply that way?

Glue needs to be thinned a little or like plastic. I say wood glue as pva and saves buying loads for such a small job

Sponsored Links
@jonbey - Thanks, I though about that,but I'm going to need to drill and hang a heavy curtain rod afterwards and I'm worried the expanding foam won't be strong enough to support it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back