How do I use a Soda Syphon ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Sparklets Soda Syphon at a car boot sale last week to sell on eBay, but have since discovered that there are loads for sale, all with no bids on, so I decided to use it myself instead.

I have bought a pack of 10 Liss CO2 bulbs, which are meant to be the right sort, but can't figure out how to charge the syphon up using them. The only thing I can see is that I can push them onto a kind of sharp bit and pierce the end of them, but just want to check that is correct before I go pushing anything.

Sponsored Links
put water in it first..........you can use the empty bulbs as "toys" if you attach a string firmly :eek: ;)

johnny_t said:
I bought a Sparklets Soda Syphon at a car boot sale last week to sell on eBay, but have since discovered that there are loads for sale, all with no bids on.
A bit of research first would have come in handy... ;)

johnny_t said:
actually, it looks like I'm missing the bulb holder
Looks like you are stuffed then.

But don't be too upset - the soda water that you get from those things is crap anyway. If you want soda water, buy it in a bottle, or if you really want to be flash get a proper syphon from a pub if you can find one that still uses them - you pay them for one, and then when it runs out you take it back and swap it, just paying for the contents.

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
johnny_t said:
I bought a Sparklets Soda Syphon at a car boot sale last week to sell on eBay, but have since discovered that there are loads for sale, all with no bids on.
A bit of research first would have come in handy... ;)

Very true. I normally concentrate on what I would call 'Retro Electronics' but largely constitutes Rotary Dial Phones, Old Car Radios and the occasional Mushroom Lamp which I jolly up, get working and sell on. I saw this vivid orange soda syphon and thought that there just had to be a market, but now looks like a pound down the drain. 'Tis nice though.

Funnily enough, I had never had any desire for Soda water until I got this, and now I am desperate to get something bubbly out of it.....

Now we know why Johnny-t spends so much time travelling the world - he knows a good boot sale in Tel-Aviv.

I'm really sorry to hear about your lost pound, but if you let me have your address I'll post you a quid. Wouldn't want to see you with a long face.

Thanks for the offer, friend, but I'm fairly stoic about it. Use the pound and buy yourself a soda syphon - If you're looking at a car-booty, make sure you get the bulb holder though.

I'll include my address inside your Christmas Card when I send it..... ;)

My grandparents had a Sparklets Soda Syphon. Great!

My grandad used to make me fizzy milk!!! Looking back, it was great, but I don't think I'd drink it now!

You need the green CO2 bulbs, and a screw-on cartridge holder. Don't try & put the CO2 in without the screw-on holder!!!!

It is under huge pressure....... :eek:

Soda Syphon flipping awful ........you collect old techie stuff I will dig out my old commodore 64 and games for you ,lol

Sponsored Links
Back