How do I wire this 2 port valve into system?

how is the switch on the front an isolator if it doesn't interupt the live?? lol
like i said, please video yourself touching the pcb after using this isolation, I look forward to viewing with pleasure.
Again I will repeat as you seem to be having trouble:

You DO NOT need to take a live from terminal 3. You can if you want, thats up to you, but its not mandatory.
Oh and by the way, I didn't do the dumbed down installer course, so really don't care what you think you've been told.

Sponsored Links
at least you have the courtesy to delete your nonsense :LOL:

and yes I agree with you, I learn loads from this site, and I've learnt loads of DIA in the past. However a poster came along with a simple problem and I gave him a simple solution, however its been drowned out by other peoples lack of understanding of basic controls and incorrect belief that it defies regulation and MIs. I know for a FACT otherwise, everyone else is just reading the manual and making assumptions.
In fact the worst problem with this site is people who google manuals and literature and take it all as fact, rather than leaving it to people with hands on experience of the problem

at least you have the courtesy to delete your nonsense :LOL:

and yes I agree with you, I learn loads from this site, and I've learnt loads of DIA in the past. However a poster came along with a simple problem and I gave him a simple solution, however its been drowned out by other peoples lack of understanding of basic controls and incorrect belief that it defies regulation and MIs. I know for a FACT otherwise, everyone else is just reading the manual and making assumptions.
In fact the worst problem with this site is people who google manuals and literature and take it all as fact, rather than leaving it to people with hands on experience of the problem

Fact mickyg, Vaillant will not touch a boiler under warranty, if it does not comply with their manual in any shape or form including the electrics.

Fact, anyone can sit round a table drinking tea and biscuits, and walk out with a scrap of paper to say they have a new Tee shirt, think you're the only one ever to have been on a manufacturers course.

Perhaps an energy efficiency course, building regs and part P should be your next Tee shirt.

Now get stroppy with this. You are wrong, unless Vaillant have different rules for different so called engineers.

Fact mickyg, Vaillant will not touch a boiler under warranty, if it does not comply with their manual in any shape or form including the electrics.
As I said, I have experienced this first hand.
Unless as you say different technicians have different rules?
But my company (installing 70+ boilers per week) has had numerous letters from Vaillant reguarding this.

Sponsored Links
well I've told you and thats the end of it, I'm not wasting any more of my time. At least you've now grasped the controls which you had trouble with before, although now trying to claim you agreed to, priceless.
:rolleyes:
I know what vaillant will and won't do under warranty and what they require, I have good reason for knowing ;), but of course you know better :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
dunno what this other bandwaggon jockey is on either.
the end.

No, you have told us how you would do it, which Vaillant would not except under warranty. It also contravenes building and part P regs.

As you say end off, so go get stroppy elsewhere.

You are wrong.

Just to clarify, terminal 3 is live out and 4 is live in (switched).

I only ever run switched live back to 4 and don't take it out from 3.

there shouldn't be a connection on 3

L is permanent live
4 is switched live bring supply from orange on valve to here

The problem with taking the supply to the wiring centre from terminal 3, and therefore to the programmer, is that terminal 3 is only live when the boiler is switched on at the boiler ON/OFF control. So, if the boiler is switched off for any reason, e.g away on holiday, the programmer will also stop.

The way to avoid this is to take the feed to the wiring centre from either the fused spur or the L and N terminals on the boiler. Vaillant show this in their wiring diagram. Although a wire is shown from terminal 3 to the thermostat, this is not strictly necessary as the thermostat will get its supply from the programmer; the only wire required is the switched feed to terminal 4 .

No, you have told us how you would do it, which Vaillant would not except under warranty. It also contravenes building and part P regs.

As you say end off, so go get stroppy elsewhere.

You are wrong.

doesn't contravene anything. stick to pretty pipes

I dont believe yous when you say Vaillant wont touch it under warranty how would people know this. I was under the impression from what people say on this site that these are the best boilers on the planet and worth the hundreds of £££££££ extra as they never breakdown. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Funny how most who blow vaillants trumpet also know how good/bad there warranty side is WHY.
But 11 pages on basic wiring is a joke

I've only just caught up and looked back in on this post. Can't believe it really :LOL:

Each to his own, but I shall carry on with the way I wire the boilers. So far never had any problems wiring like this, operational or warranty wise ;)

On any make boiler I service I knock the power off from the isolator on the wall, never rely just on the boiler on/off ;)

From what you write, circuit diagrams are clearly not your cup of tea. Next time you go to any boiler that is wired correctly, I suggest you switch off at the front panel and then see for yourself if mains voltages are still present beyond the ON/ OFF switch.

If you choose to put live condition (sourced from elsewhere) onto 4, anyone who is conversant with controls within boilers, will appreciate, front panel ON/OFF switch might as well not be there. This switch shuts off power going into the boiler- it cannot interrupt power that is applied beyond it!!

From what you write, circuit diagrams are clearly not your cup of tea. Next time you go to any boiler that is wired correctly, I suggest you switch off at the front panel and then see for yourself if mains voltages are still present beyond the ON/ OFF switch.

If you choose to put live condition (sourced from elsewhere) onto 4, anyone who is conversant with controls within boilers, will appreciate, front panel ON/OFF switch might as well not be there. This switch shuts off power going into the boiler- it cannot interrupt power that is applied beyond it!!

The live is wired directly into the pcb, it is not interupted by the switch, you are clearly mistaken. Please post video as requested, like I said I could do with a laugh.
clearly common sense is not your thing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
really mate, think about what your writing, its almost laughable.

edit: Please read and repeat the 2nd warning message at the top of Page 23 of the Vaillant ecotec service manual

DP what about boilers that have the on /off switch on the neutral and there are some about ,the boiler would still be live.

Just for the uneducated and hard of understanding. Here is a nice pretty drawing for you. Now let me explain. The live, neutral and earth from the spur to the boiler and programmer are all connected. No one gives a flying one whether they are connected at the boiler, the programmer the spur, or maybe you want to make a feature wiring block in the hallway. really doesn't matter. Never heard so much garbage in my life
View media item 11483

Mickyg, top man. Tried, tested and working. Just what I was looking for. Many thanks to everyone for their input too. Hope you're all still friends!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back