How do I wire this 2 port valve into system?

If you do not use 3 and 5 and the boiler has a visit from Vaillant they will not touch it until its wired as per instructions.

I agree Londonboy and have experienced the problem. Vaillant will do anything to get out of a warrant call. Fact.

I can't see the problem, you have to take a live and neutral to the programmer, and you have to take a switch wire to the boiler, so whats wrong with a 3core and do the job as per the manufacturers wiring guide.

Red. blue, yellow, 3,5,4 simple.

Sponsored Links
Mickyg, if you switch the boiler off at the switch on the front panel, and the timer calls, internal on the boiler will be live.

Me thinks you were not paying attention regards operating boiler thus. You CAN do this ONLY if timer takes live condition FROM 3.

You may want to verify this by calling Vaillant

Mickyg, if you switch the boiler off at the switch on the front panel, and the timer calls, internal on the boiler will be live.

Me thinks you were not paying attention regards operating boiler thus. You CAN do this ONLY if timer takes live condition FROM 3.

they will be live anyway doh!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: its not an isolation switch.

Sponsored Links
So where are you getting the power for the clock from, why not use 3 & 5 as per Vaillants instructions.

from the fused spur of course, the diagram was simple enough. Yes you may take it from the boiler if you wish, it really doesnt matter ffs.
I take it you understand the operation of the controls now, and have moved on to nit picking elsewhere.....thats cute.... :rolleyes:

Just for the uneducated and hard of understanding. Here is a nice pretty drawing for you. Now let me explain. The live, neutral and earth from the spur to the boiler and programmer are all connected. No one gives a flying one whether they are connected at the boiler, the programmer the spur, or maybe you want to make a feature wiring block in the hallway. really doesn't matter. Never heard so much garbage in my life
View media item 11483

they will be live anyway doh!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: its not an isolation switch.

ps if you ever decide to change a pcb on a vaillant by first isolating from the switch on the front, please do film it! I could do with a laugh.

Where is the gravity link you mentioned earlier connected in your diagram?
Not nit picking, it might help the OP thats all. ;)

Looks like its going to be a long night for you mickey hope your game for it :LOL: ;)

Not nit picking, so don't go getting all hot under the collar.

What is the point of introducing a fuse spur and adding expense, you are making extra work for the sake of an argument.

And I fully understand the controls and how they work thank you, your plan is the same as we agree several pages earlier, but without the room stat making it non compliant, with the regs.

And I have first hand knowledge of several installations Vaillant have refused to touch because it wasn't wired as per their manual.

I won't tar them all with the same brush because gas4you tells me there are a few good engineers still working for Vaillant, but in the majority their service department sucks.

If you take LN from 35, then from 3prog to 4 boiler and grey to L prog or boiler 3, from 4 prog to common room stat, call room stat to brown and orange to boiler 4.
it will work as it should do and comply with the manufacturer and regs.

What is the point of introducing a fuse spur and adding expense, you are making extra work for the sake of an argument.

so are you saying the guy shouldn't have a fused spur for his heating system? a point of isolation?? what planet are you on...this is basics.

And I fully understand the controls and how they work thank you, your plan is the same as we agree several pages earlier, but without the room stat making it non compliant, with the regs.

are you joking?? me and testo agreed, you argued and said it doesn't work, i've just had to explain it to you, do i need to go back and reprint your garbage so you can read it again?? are you getting forgetful?

And I have first hand knowledge of several installations Vaillant have refused to touch because it wasn't wired as per their manual.

there's a difference between knowledge and experience, I suggest you go on a vaillant course or contact them for clarity. I don't need to, bin there got t-shirt.
If you take LN from 35, then from 3prog to 4 boiler and grey to L prog or boiler 3, from 4 prog to common room stat, call room stat to brown and orange to boiler 4.
it will work as it should do and comply with the manufacturer and regs.

yes that will work and is principally the same as my diagram which you said wouldn't work. I didn't include a roomstat cos the guy hasn't got one. as he didn't install the boiler he's not breaking any regs by not having one. so stop trying to use this to get yourself out of looking like an fool, you've done a good enough job already.

Ah the gravity switch on the back of the programmer.
I thought you had meant connect a wire across the HW and CH terminals. :eek:
Silly me. :oops:

post deleted.

I maintain different posters bring different experience to these pages. Some learn from this fountain of knowledge while others continue to wear blinkers and refuse to further their knowledge.[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back