How do I wire this 2 port valve into system?

Sponsored Links
from the film "Snatch" as uttered by Bricktop

quality!!!!!!!

and i have a 14 year old daughter, and i do not have a clue wot the hell they are saying to each other!!!!!!!!!!

Have only looked at the first page of this thread so what follows is based on page one knowledge.

Drayton 241 does NOT have voltage free contacts.

What I would do to make it work is spur to boiler LNE conneceted

Boiler 3 to live on programmer, HW ON programmer to 4 on boiler (to fire for utility radiator), CH ON to 2 port live to open valve when rest of house needs heating. orange and grey of motorised valve across boiler 3 and 4 to fire boiler when valve open

Can work out wiring plan if roomstats are required.

Sponsored Links
Have only looked at the first page of this thread so what follows is based on page one knowledge.

Drayton 241 does NOT have voltage free contacts.

What I would do to make it work is spur to boiler LNE conneceted

Boiler 3 to live on programmer, HW ON programmer to 4 on boiler (to fire for utility radiator), CH ON to 2 port live to open valve when rest of house needs heating. orange and grey of motorised valve across boiler 3 and 4 to fire boiler when valve open

Can work out wiring plan if roomstats are required.

You forgot the neutral from boiler 5 to the programmer Danny :idea:

Thought I'd leave this a while before checking back so I had maybe a few responses to read, seriously wasn't expecting so many replies!

I'm glad my mistake (of only using one valve instead of two) has prompted so much debate, and thank all of you for your input.

Anyone care to have a stab at a definitive answer to the problem in this sort of style:

FUSED 3 AMP POWER
L- 1 (Terminal on junction box/centre)
N- 2
E- 3
PROGRAMMER
N- 2
L- 1
HW OFF- N/A
CH OFF- 4
HW ON- N/A
CH ON- 5
BOILER
L- 1
N- 2
E- 3
3- 4
4- 5
5- N/A
2- PORT VALVE
BROWN- ?
BLUE ?
GREY- ?
ORANGE- ?
GREEN/YELLOW- 3

I've set up a mini circuit ready to try out your ideas before connecting everything up properly, and will reply with feedback on what did and didn't work.

View media item 11479
look how hard that was :LOL:
Live obviously comes from fused spur, neutrals and earths obviously connected together. Programmer should be linked for gravity operation.
hw = drying room
ch = the rest

Disagree.

The room stat is needed to satisfy the regs., In addition you also need to control the ch on circuit.

And you need a neutral to the MV.

A neutral from boiler T5 is required to the programmer

The room stat is needed to satisfy the regs
he wants to know how to wire up what he has so I told him. no one asked about regs.
And you need a neutral to the MV.
thats a bit obvious, he's worked that out.
A neutral from boiler T5 is required to the programmer
why?? it can get its neutral from the spur.

stop confusing such a simple issue. You've already wasted 8 pages, now lets just keep it simple...because it is.

Because the boiler manufacturer tells you it has to come fro T3 L, T4 Sw/L, T5 N.

One isolating switch to the LNE to the boiler and all external controls.

And I don't care if it takes another 8 pages :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back