How do I wire this 2 port valve into system?

Sponsored Links
The LP241 is 240v only. ie, it doesn't do volt free. Only the single channel progs LP111, LP711, do volt free. In which case you would come off 3 on the boiler to 1 on the prog. However, this is not what he has or needs.

It is fine all you need is a supply from T3 boiler to T1 prog as Kevin said at the start

Terminal 1 on a LP241, 722, 522, 112 is HW off. The OP is using an LP241.

Terminal 1 is not required for spring return valves. Older Sunvics, Switchmasters, Satchwell non spring return valves use this terminal.

Terminal 1 is the common only on single channel ACL Draytons.

The OP is using a 2 channel LP241 to obtain independent timings for the rest of the house. Ignore the HW label on the front, he is just using it as a channel for his drying room.

why has this been made so complicated! :rolleyes:

it just needs to be wired the same as a gravity hw system.
Whatever happens it either needs a 2 channel programmer, a room stat or both.
to confuse you!! :LOL:

never seen a gravity hot water system on an Ecotec combi, but do feel free to post a picture :LOL:

it doesn't confuse me at all, its obviously confusing you. I'm not suggesting its on gravity, I'm just mearly pointing out the wiring and operation is exactly the same. Its quite obvious when you think about it :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
it doesn't confuse me at all, its obviously confusing you. I'm not suggesting its on gravity, I'm just mearly pointing out the wiring and operation is exactly the same. Its quite obvious when you think about it :rolleyes:

Correctomondo !! In very simplistic terms, lol.

Kevin, please just read the first line of the first post on page 1.

I rest my case.

have read it and can't find anything !!

mogget wrote in the quote
"I assumed that the OP has a 2 channel programmer because 2 channels are needed"

from that he did not say he wanted 2 channels, and a room stat is the only logical way of controlling the heat in his drying room .

and finally the permanent live if put in the timeclock live would solve the heating valve staying open if room stat is calling (so yes on that i accept i had over looked that scenario)

The Op want's to use the bathroom rad all year.

Its simple, you wire the bathroom stat as a frost stat, T1 Pro to T4 boiler.

All you have to do is keep the MV grey out of the way, and T1 prog/bathroom stat common is the simplest

You only need one channel for the heating

You only need one channel for the heating

Why? When he can time the drying room or time the drying room and the rest of the house together.

IE: Set the programmer for 10 programs not 16. As per mickyg's simplistic gravity hw, pumped heating analogy.

IE: Set the programmer for 10 programs not 16. As per mickyg's simplistic gravity hw, pumped heating analogy.

yes he could do that.

Leave the grey in 1 and the two room stats in 3 &4.

do it all, the grey does not go into 1. The grey must go to L.

Terminal 1 on an LP241 is not used. Nor is terminal 2.

I repeat:

Terminal 1 on a LP241, 722, 522, 112 is HW off. The OP is using an LP241.

Terminal 1 is not required for spring return valves. Older Sunvics, Switchmasters, Satchwell non spring return valves use this terminal.

Terminal 1 is the common only on single channel ACL Draytons.

The OP is using a 2 channel LP241 to obtain independent timings for the rest of the house. Ignore the HW label on the front, he is just using it as a channel for his drying room.

Fair enough, he will need to take the L & N from T 3 & 5 in the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back