How do you light your BBQ?

do you or not realise that carbonised food is responsible for the majority of bowel related cancers?
Using charcoal as a method of cooking is nearly as old as man himself & the food is supposed to be cooked not carbonised :rolleyes: . It’s back to the odd burnt sausage & cremated burgers again, if the food ends up carbonised then your not doing it properly.

Sponsored Links
do you or not realise that carbonised food is responsible for the majority of bowel related cancers?
Using charcoal as a method of cooking is nearly as old as man himself & the food is supposed to be cooked not carbonised :rolleyes: . It’s back to the odd burnt sausage & cremated burgers again, if the food ends up carbonised then your not doing it properly.

And cooking it properly is best done when you can control the heat. Which is much easier with a Gas BBQ. Certainly you can mess around burning yourself, poking the coals around, even spritzing the charcoal with water to damp it down a bit (invariably dusting all the food with a light coating of tasty nutritious ash)

Not convinced one bit.

I have no links to back it up, but yes I have read somewhere that carbonised food (which can be created on any type of BBQ) is strongly implicated with colo-rectal cancer.

Gas BBQ'S are an abortion, they are just glorified cooker hobs that you take out into the garden, and pretend to BBQ food on.
The taste of the food produced bears no resemblance to the food cooked over a real BBQ. You obviously have no idea how to cook using charcoal, you do not poke it around while there is food on the griddle, if you use a Bar B que bat, which is like a tennis racquet press it's easy to control the cooking of the food to perfection.

Wotan

And cooking it properly is best done when you can control the heat. Which is much easier with a Gas BBQ. Certainly you can mess around burning yourself, poking the coals around, even spritzing the charcoal with water to damp it down a bit (invariably dusting all the food with a light coating of tasty nutritious ash)

Not convinced one bit.

No real point in continuing with this :rolleyes: , you obviously have no idea how to cook over charcoal so a gas BBQ is eminently more suitable in your case. ;)

Sponsored Links

Not convinced one bit.

No real point in continuing with this :rolleyes: , you obviously have no idea how to cook over charcoal so a gas BBQ is eminently more suitable in your case. ;)

Not at all I had Charcoal BBQ for many years, and can cook fine on them thanks, it's just Gas BBQ's are better, and Wotan, No, you cannot taste any difference LMAO. The only thing different, is that when cooking on a charcoal BBQ, you resemble a black 'n' white minstrel, and smell like a petrol pump attendant :LOL:

Don't tell me you can taste the difference between organic and non organic produce as well :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The only thing different, is that when cooking on a charcoal BBQ, you resemble a black 'n' white minstrel, and smell like a petrol pump attendant :LOL:
I’d agree partly with that one. :LOL:

Don't tell me you can taste the difference between organic and non organic produce as well :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
No I can’t actually, I generally think they are a rip off & never buy them. Only thing I do make sure of is I only to buy locally reared & butchered meat; more expensive but it’s one where you can definitely tell the difference. ;)

Not convinced one bit.

Not at all I had Charcoal BBQ for many years, and can cook fine on them thanks, it's just Gas BBQ's are better, and Wotan, No, you cannot taste any difference LMAO. The only thing different, is that when cooking on a charcoal BBQ, you resemble a black 'n' white minstrel, and smell like a petrol pump attendant :LOL:

Well if you smell like a petrol pump attendant, you have obviously been doing something wrong, you do not use petrol or normal paraffin to light a BBQ, use the correct fluid, you need some advanced preparation, after lighting it takes approx 45 mins before it's ready to use, (I admit this is where gas has an advantage)
but each to their own, oh and by the way there is a distinct difference in taste, over wood it's far superior.

Wotan

There is only one way to light a BBQ. you need a one inch square piece of fire lighter or smaller. Light the fire lighter then fan it with a hair dryer, it will be ready to cook on in one minute. I also use the hair dryer to power a small forge.
To get the best charcoal make yourself a small charcoal kiln.

http://www.allotmentforestry.com/fact/Charcoal.htm

there is a distinct difference in taste, over wood it's far superior.

Wotan

We'll have to disagree on that one :LOL:
Let me ask a question?
Have you ever had smoked salmon, smoked ham, smoked cheese, kippers, if so where do you think these things get their flavour from?

I rest my case..
He who has reason on his side need not speak with loud voice.

Wotan

Let me ask a question?
Have you ever had smoked salmon, smoked ham, smoked cheese, kippers, if so where do you think these things get their flavour from?

I rest my case..

Wotan

I believe they are all smoked at quite a low temperature, not charred black over hot charcoal. :LOL:

Let me ask a question?

I rest my case..

Wotan

I believe they are all smoked at quite a low temperature, not charred black over hot charcoal. :LOL:
Better than being subjected to what amounts to cow flatulence, ie methane. :LOL: :LOL:

Wotan

Give it up Wotan; this is an argument that has distinct arguments for convenience over everything else & never that twain shall meet;

Gas BBQ’s - for lazy bastard who cant cook anyway
Charcoal fires - for the true gourmet chefs of this world
:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back