How do you remove this tile?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I had an issue with my bathroom below the sink and an engineer removed a tile long time ago. It's empty behind this tile, it's not a wall, just the sink and the pipes.

As you can see on the photo, he didn't fix around the tile when he put it back, we can still clearly see the cuts he did around it to remove it, especially in the right bottom part where you see a clear cut and I can insert a small sharp tool easy inside it. I'd like to remove it myself now to check something behind but it seems it's holding tight and hard to remove. How do you remove it without breaking it? I can still see lots of gaps that he did when he cut around it so I thought it would be easy but it's not, it's as if the tile was fixed to the tile above and below it.

Should I force when trying to pull it towards me?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-3188.JPG
    IMG-3188.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 172
Sponsored Links
He could have siliconed it on, if he did it'll be tough to remove. It could have magnet clips, can you put a hook or similar through then turn and pull?

Thank you for your quick replies, both were very helpful, I could do it without the suction puller. There was no more silicon around but I sticked a screwdriver in the big gap and gently pulled from the bottom, the bottom part started to get off and then the top part was easy to remove. Indeed behind it there is sort of metal part (magnet).

Hopefully putting it back will be easy too...

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Yeah the best tool to fix it is suction puller and apply just a gentle amount of force.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back