How important is radiator location in a room?

Sponsored Links
Thankfully tucked away in the GD with the rest of the loonies. Have some fun with them on occasion, but frankly dealing with idiots like that too often is boring.

Sponsored Links
This is the problem with wrestling with a pig..... You both get dirty and the pig likes it....

None of our radiators are under windows. We have newish double glazed units. The walls are a mixture of original, rather poorly insulated system-built and others I have upgraded with internal insulation. I do not notice any draught from lack of radiators under windows.

On the other hand our non room-sealed back boiler requires a vent that would make a draught from a window seem like a warm breeze but plenty of people tell me this is a good thing as that's how it's always been done!

On the other hand our non room-sealed back boiler requires a vent that would make a draught from a window seem like a warm breeze but plenty of people tell me this is a good thing as that's how it's always been done!

Quite! and the more you seal up your home the more important it is for you to have ventilation for your BBU....There is a reason why it has always been done

Quite! and the more you seal up your home the more important it is for you to have ventilation for your BBU....There is a reason why it has always been done

I'm talking of them saying it's a good thing having a boiler setup that requires a 100 cm^3 hole letting a gale into the room, not that the vent isn't necessary for a non-room sealed boiler. I'm well aware that it's necessary as I don't want to wake up dead one morning ;)

I'm just saying 'the way it's always been done' is often bad to continue with, especially when it comes to energy saving. I think it's a big reason why this country is well behind others in this field as people stick with the 'tried and tested' rather than more modern innovations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back