How long does PP last?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I am selling a house, and am thinking of putting in an application for two extensions, a potential buyer wil probably want to do one or other of them, and I believe it may be an advantage to sell it with the benefit of PP.

How long does PP approval last before you have to do the building work?

Sponsored Links
It used to be five years but now been reduced to three
Full Planning Permission normally lasts three years. Outline Planning Permission only approves the principle of the development . The remaining details – known as "Reserved Matters" have to be approved before you can start any development. It normally expires after three years from the date of approval or two years after approval of reserved matters. Reserved matters must be submitted within three years.
http://www.leeds.gov.uk/Business/Planning/Planning_applications__business.aspx

Most new buyers don't like other peoples designed extensions unless they are already built.

Also if they want a house with x amount of rooms then they tend to look for one already built. Otherwise if they really want to buy a house and start knocking it about, then they will want to do it their way.

Buyers will determine the potential themselves, and so selling a property with PP for extensions does not add that much if any value to a property

If anything, only outline permission would be worth it

Sponsored Links
yes, I usually agree, but in this case a potential buyer, who has now dropped out, had plans drawn up ready to submit which I can acquire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back