How long to do a PIR ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok this is a little survey for you guys.

A typical 2.4 house. 3 beds semi, 2 living rooms, kitchen and garage etc.

How long to do a PIR ?

Assume you don't have any problems and are just going through the motions for a Landlord Certificate.

Sponsored Links
is it occupied? Students? - always add on a few extra hours for this to move all their rubbish and clear a path through the kitchen full of dirty dishes!

I tend to allow a day as they will never not be any problems! I'm also not one to test and not investigate further eg broken ring - I would find out where and fix it if reasonably straightforward as part of the price

SB

I was thinking along the lines of a "typical" property. Normal family, requiring you to move the TV etc out of the way and maybe remove the kitchen fixed appliances.
It will be interesting to get a consensus on this.

I was thinking along the lines of 3-4 hours !

Well maybe I'm really slow, but I've never done one in that time!

It's just not possible to test properly, remove 10% of accessories on each circuit for visual inspection, unplug everything, replug everything and write up the paperwork in 3 hours!

Sponsored Links
again its a day for me generally. how many circuits anyway? any low voltage spotlights that require disconnecting for ir? protected by rcd?

It depends if there any limitations as well. Obviously not all cable routes can be inspected but if all accessories are to be checked etc then you are looking at a minimum of one day for a straight forward job. It also helps to have a mate with you.
3 - 4 hours would be in the realms of drive-by PIR IMO.

glad I gave that job a miss then..

expected me to change a 4 way fuse board, change a light in the bathroom to a 2D fitting, and test the install...
3 flats a day they wanted....!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back