How many passed 1st time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boss has just enrolled me onto a 2391 course which is set out over 2 days, see duratio below:

Duration
The course length will be two 1-day courses, 1-day revision training on knowledge and understanding for the completion of the externally set two and half hour written examination, (no books allowed). The other 1-day revision training on how to successfully complete the practical Inspection and testing assessment.
If there is any doubt about the candidate’s ability to complete the course successfully then it is advised that the advice of the Course Director be taken into consideration before deciding on the duration of the course. The course day will be from 9 am to 4 p.m. (6 hours) with an hour for lunch.

I've taught myself how to test from reading books but not done much of it. A 2 and half hour closed book exam, how many of you guys actually passed 1st time, I think my chances are limited.

Sponsored Links
I passed first time but was a very competent tester before the exam which obviously helped.

Thats what Im thinking, having not done much testing im not so sure its something I can achieve in 2 days, but we'll see!

Sponsored Links
Good Luck.

Make sure you know the relevant regs, and show the examiner that you are confident in your testing procedures.(What you are doing and why and what results to accept/reject)

I did it the first time also, 4 1/2 day course. It was a very intense few days.

And before everyone has a go, I had a HNC electrical engineering and had been fixing/testing electronic & electrical equipment for the previous 17 years.

I pass it every time. :D

(something to do while invigilating!)

The pass rate has been getting worse though, largely because the majority of candidates these days are simply not ready for it. Lots of people see the numbers and assume that 2391 is simply the next step on from 2381... Roll on next year's two-stage process.

Do you have any feedback on the June exam? Out of the 12 or so who took the exam which I sat there were only 3 names on the email which I recieved.
What is changing next year btw, I understand they will be changing the numbers of the exams i.e. 2381 > 2382 and 2391 >2392.

I passed 1st time, thankfully, last Winter's exam :cool:
I would say that 2 days is a very short time to learn from scratch, but the course is aimed at those who have a grounding in electrical installation already, so you should be OK!!
Have faith and look confident in the practical, and GOOD LUCK! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back