How many women tackle DIY?

I always thought girls didn't get involved with the mucky jobs because generally, not only are they smart enough to be able to do the job themselves, they're smarter enough to get someone else to do it while they get on with something useful and important

http://funny2.com/oil.htm

that said, my OH can do every DIY task she ever sets out to do, she's just limited by strength usually - once I've cracked the bolts on the brake calipers (for example) she'll refit the pads, discs and bleed em up.. she just needs a bit of muscular input from me. Building, i'd imagine, is the same - girls generally like to look and smell like girls. If they muscled up to being able to carry 3 sheets of 8x4 plasterboard upstairs they would be less girly for the times they want to be girly.. Mine also really doesn't like dust in her hair, but would happily do clean jobs like the electrics

Sponsored Links
Can any of you all knowing men out there please advise. I'm trying to oil my decking and guess what? It's started to rain :cry: - I never actually finished last year because of rain! Will it ruin what I have already done which is still wet?

Can any of you all knowing men out there please advise. I'm trying to oil my decking and guess what? It's started to rain :cry: - I never actually finished last year because of rain! Will it ruin what I have already done which is still wet?

I wouldn't imagine so; let it dry after the rain stops and carry o where you left off

Sponsored Links
hi, I'm a female joiner by trade but now manage a joinery and welding workshop. Obviously i do my own diy, but was surprised to come home early one evening and find my girlfriend re-pointing the chimney. apparently she was taught bricklaying and plastering as a child by her builder dad as something 'every girl ought to know'!

Can you ask her if we can swap Dad's for a spell...would love to learn bricklaying and pointing...My dad is awesome, but not at DIY, she'll get lots of nice dinners cooked though as he is a demon in the kitchen...Unlike my darling mother who isn't.

Back