how much for a "cap off" on Kitchen supply?

S

snadge

we are about to ring some corgi reg gas men to get a price on having the cooker removed and tap capped off (then price for installing new hob)

I just thought I would ask what sort of price are we looking at?

edit: the cooker has some flexi pipe attached from it to the pipe

thanks

Sponsored Links
actually - its just moving a cooker out so we can install new floor and plasterboard walls - it has a thick black flexi pipe on it - dunno if this is one of these "bayonet" ones or not

Sponsored Links
this is it here - is it one of those?

16kav5z.jpg

push the collar up and twist it anti clockwise then it will pull out :idea:

and this doesnt require gas-safe engineer?
- I DO turn off the gas supply first yeah? lol :LOL:

and it automatically seals so the gas can go back on for the GCH..? or do i fit a cap on it?

do i have to expell gas thats left in cooker after turning off the gas before doing this?

thanks

its a self sealing fitting (usually) ;)
no need to turn the gas off

whats left in the flexi won't hurt

thanks I will give it a bash but i think i will turn off supply just for good measure

when we install the new kitchen its an electric oven but gas hob - will I be able to DIY that or will i have to get gas-safe in to do it? - could i attach that flexi pipe to new hob?

thanks for all your help :)

we're getting a bit close to DIY gas assistance, but disconnecting a hose isn't "gas work". You shouldn't really turn off the meter, as you should then carry out a tightness test, which you can't do. Remove the bayonet as KP says, then spray some diluted washing up liquid to check the valve isn't passing ( I KNOW, I KNOW, but the valve is going to be discarded!)

Having said all that you do need a GS RGI ti fit the hob. For that reasson, get him in BEFORE you start building in the units, as he may have to reposition the pipework first. ie a 2 fix (stage) job.

we're getting a bit close to DIY gas assistance, but disconnecting a hose isn't "gas work". You shouldn't really turn off the meter, as you should then carry out a tightness test, which you can't do. Remove the bayonet as KP says, then spray some diluted washing up liquid to check the valve isn't passing ( I KNOW, I KNOW, but the valve is going to be discarded!)

Having said all that you do need a GS RGI ti fit the hob. For that reasson, get him in BEFORE you start building in the units, as he may have to reposition the pipework first. ie a 2 fix (stage) job.

thanks for that - i wouldnt have thought of that - I done it as he said with a gas-safe engineer watching over me for some beer money he tested it wtih gas detector to make sure no leaks and done the washing up liquid thing to make sure grit wasnt allowing gas to escape :) - we called them out for the gas meter outside had a "at risk" tag on from British Gas and the handle was rusted but worked and the guy said nothing wrong with it, tested for leaks and was OK and said he thinks the tags been on since day one??? dunno about that like it looked quite new compared to everything else in there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back