How much should it cost to have an asbestos flue removed?

So all that was mentioned is that the material is asbestos? I'll bet it ain't (nurastone).

So flue height from appliance outlet to first bend didn't get a mention??? :LOL:

Your ramblings are becoming tiresome , you are also the type us gas bods avoid , a complete and utter timewaster.

Sponsored Links
our council says concrete asbestos does not need removing professionally. wet and carefully remove into clear plastic sheeting taped up. take to local waste recycling stating you think it's asbestos.

I would tape plastic sheeting around the walls immediately around it and knock it out.

I got a couple of cheaper quotes from two removal firms, 150 and 200 respectively.

But both have said that I need a certificate to show that the boiler has been 'isolated'.

Can anyone tell me what it means to have a boiler 'isolated'? and are certificates given for isolated boilers?

A GSR man recently issued a warning/advisory record note indicatring that the house is at risk due to incorrect ventilation requirements and not to current standards. He noted that he has turned off the boiler and affixed a warning label. Is this the same as isolating a boiler?

God your a waste of time trying to help aren't you. Jesus Christ I'm glad I never have to work for you. You get all the correct info after asking the question yet still go on and on and on. Lads I'd avoid this bloke like the plague.

Sponsored Links
isolated would mean you can turn the gas on and use a cooker or gas fire, but not the boiler.

you just need to turn off the gas to isolate the boiler though.

EssexMick
A word to the wise. You will alienate yourself from the very professionals that you want to find. Your approach will filter all the good guys out, ie. those who probably do not need customers like you. You will end up with someone who is desperate for work and who ultimately you will not be happy with.

The best advice is seek someone who is recommended by friends/family. If that person is busy wait for him to become available. Trust his professional judgment and then let him get on with the job.

Do not under any circumstances stand over the engineer watching his every move when he is working. He will from time to time rake a phone call while working.

Anyone called Mick from Essex who calls me will be sent straight to my blocked numbers in my Iphone at least for the next year.

Sorry to be do harsh but you need to approach this job differently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back