How the hell can army barracks be wrong !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They were good enough for our soldiers!!!

If I were fleeing for my life and got in a safe country they could put me in a barn !

And I'd be grateful !!!

" Abdul you're where ? In a barracks ha ha ha '

' I'm in a hotel meals the lot....co.plain you might get in here !!!!! '

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Did the soldiers complain about the standard of accommodation in the barracks in question, or are they just surplus to requirements?

From
'Improving single living accommodation for service personnel'

The Department has neglected Single Living Accommodation for many years and has not given it anything like the priority that it has deserved, despite the clear link between accommodation and delivery of operational capability.

Although many service personnel live in poor quality Single Living Accommodation and are dissatisfied with their accommodation and with the maintenance and repairs service, the Department appeared surprisingly complacent about resolving this long-term issue.

Just a flavour, this HofC report has many more criticisms. And I can attest to it having gone on for more than 30 years. Not all of it, but a lot. I lived in a Sergeant's Mess in 1981 and my room had brambles growing in through where the wall and floor 'join' was crumbling.

From
'Improving single living accommodation for service personnel'

The Department has neglected Single Living Accommodation for many years and has not given it anything like the priority that it has deserved, despite the clear link between accommodation and delivery of operational capability.

Although many service personnel live in poor quality Single Living Accommodation and are dissatisfied with their accommodation and with the maintenance and repairs service, the Department appeared surprisingly complacent about resolving this long-term issue.

Just a flavour, this HofC report has many more criticisms. And I can attest to it having gone on for more than 30 years. Not all of it, but a lot. I lived in a Sergeant's Mess in 1981 and my room had brambles growing in through where the wall and floor 'join' was crumbling.

Well wake up sunshine easy enough to cut brambles back, man up.

So you don't think army barracks here are better than the calais jungle the French provided ...... have you seen what the French provide ?

These illegals are making it difficult for the ones who try and use the correct procedures to claim asylum.

Illegal says it all, travelling across all of Europe's safe environs just to get here.....tell me why obviously you must know ....

These illegals are making it difficult for the ones who try and use the correct procedures to claim asylum.
Maybe gasbanni can tell us: "How do refugees legally claim asylum in UK"?
I suggest he acquaints himself with the Carriers Act before replying.

Well wake up sunshine easy enough to cut brambles back, man up.
What a weird thing to say.

If brambles can get in, so can pests, water, etc. Plus, if there's a crack that big, there could well be a structural issue.

Imagine how badly they are treated in the EU states if they are willing to risk their lives to escape from it.

Sponsored Links
Back